DonnaH123
Newly Registered

Buying small amounts of seeds - Don't need 50 seeds of each

Does anyone know of a place to buy smaller amounts of seeds than would be in a packet? I don't need 50 seeds of one variety of a brussel sprout. I'd like to try planting several varieties and would end up with 250 seeds for about 15 plants. I'm starting to plan my fall crops and thought I'd try some different things with the brussel's?

Thanks

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

My gardens are large and it always kind of gripes me that I don't feel justified ordering smaller packets.

Pinetree Seeds has a very good selection and small packets at low prices. It should be possible to have lots of variety in the garden without a big seed bill.

I have ordered a few things from them in the past: Pinetree Garden Seeds

Steve

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Don't know. Some places have small packets (e.g. 10 seeds) of some things, but they are usually expensive. You may pay as much for the ten seeds as the 50.

Just save the extra for next year. Most seeds will be viable for several years. Put them in a paper envelope in frig or freezer.

DonnaH123
Newly Registered

Thanks for all of the great ideas. I didn't know the seeds could be saved. I want to start about 10 plants...not 50! Thanks again

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

[url]https://www.tradewindsfruitstore.com/servlet/StoreFront[/url]

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”