dtlove129

Update on everything and hardening off

Well the garden is doing pretty good. As I said the other day, put the corn in the ground last weekend and I think today it will come up because I scratched the ground yesterday and some have germinated.

All my seedlings did well this year except for peppers. I have had about 7 or 8 of them germinate, but the other 25 or so have not yet. I through the dome back on them after removing the ones that have and really cranked the heat on them the last couple of days.

And last week or so I asked about speeding up hardening off for some flowers and broccoli and cauliflower for a couple of reasons (needed broc/caul out already in the garden and needed room for potting up tomatoes, eggplant, and a few peppers. Well I think if you watch the weather and find rain that is coming and overcast days that you can speed up hardening off. Most of the things I said above were only outside maybe 5 days before I planted them. I did plant them a day before clouds were coming and rain was coming, and this week they look great. The flowers (coneflowers, daisies) are standing up better now than they were in the pots and all the veggies mentioned above seem to be doing fine...no wilted leaves or anything. Some of those broccoli and cauliflower were really small too because I had to replant some of them inside a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to taking a pic of the garden and flowers and putting on here, but waiting until everything is planted and coming up. Happy gardening folks!

Oh weather here is going to dip this week back into the mid 30's for lows, but supposedly cloudy so should not frost with that and then next week is looking great with temps hitting 80's.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”