dtlove129

Bit the Bullet

Lucky enough to still have my dad around even though he doesn't live here, and he is old school farmer. He had heard on the news how the IL farmers were going to plant their corn early this year (they were waiting on the crop insurance date to kick in). So he told me to go ahead and do it and what do I lose besides $20-$30 in seed and fertilizer. So I put my corn in this weekend. I'll either have sweet corn befor the 4th of July and time to get a my 2nd thing of corn in (quick growing variety) or I'll be replanting it in a few weeks.

Everything in the garden so far is doing great, but I'm having to water a lot for March and April because we have been dry in Central Illinois.

About to start moving some of my flowers out and get them in their new homes because I'm running out of room now that my vegetable seedlings are taking off.

amalgamate

That would be delicious to have fresh corn for the 4th of July. I hope your corn and garden continue to do great!

dtlove129

amalgamate wrote:That would be delicious to have fresh corn for the 4th of July. I hope your corn and garden continue to do great!
Nervous about tonight. We are suppose to drop down to around 30 degrees, but I'm hoping the corn is okay since it went in on Saturday. Thanks!

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”