dtlove129

Buying your seeds

Where do you purchase your seeds from if you purchase them online? Just getting ideas for prices, quality of seed, customer service or shipping time, and varieties.

I used Henry Fields this year, and I"m not too pleased with their customer service. I really can't comment on quality yet because not all of the seeds have come up nor have I tasted any of it. I would say they had a good variety though.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Like MG, I tend to get most of my seeds from local sources like the larger nurseries that carry most all of what can be grown in our area. I find local places to be the best source if they keep their seed stock up to date and supplied.

I'll sometimes order seeds from Johnny's Select Seeds on-line, especially the soybean seeds I use for Edamame.

pow wow

My favorite US source is Parks seeds. I order online in mid Sept. and they arrive in about a week and a half. Vesey's is another I order from, they're very good.

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

https://rareseeds.com/
They have a lot of cool stuff from blue pumpkins to watermelons that are orange on the inside.

treehopper

Stokes seeds out of N.Y. gives a nice selection of variety and almost too much info on growing all the seeds they sell...

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

I buy from lots of sources but I do prefer baker creek as GardenGnome has there web site there at rareseeds.com almost all my seeds I buy are open pollinated so I can save my own seed.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”