mtgarden gal

last years seeds and my dryer

Question about seeds:

I have a lot of leftover seeds from last year. I thought I was doing good by keeping them sealed up in the coolest room in my house, which is in the basement. Unfortuanatly I just read that heat and humidity is BAD for seeds. I kept my seed box on top of my dryer all winter. So I'm guessing that the heat and humidity from the washer and dryer have nixed my seeds.

Have I killed my seeds? :shock: :shock: :shock:

(I planted some broccoli today from those seeds. I guess I will know shortly if those seeds were any good.)

stella1751
Greener Thumb

I have treated seeds pretty roughly, with extremes in both high and low temperatures, and gotten 100% germination as long as a decade later. Definitely don't nix them!

mtgarden gal

Good news! I think they may be ok. The broccoli I planted only two days ago - already several of them have sprouted :shock:

Now I have a personal dilema: in anticipation of my seeds being bad, I have all new seeds in a shopping cart on Gurneys website ready for checkout. I was kinda excited about getting some new varieties, etc. lol.

I have to decide whether to save myself money and cancel it or go ahead and indulge myself with new seeds..... decisions, decisions.... -wall-

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”