sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

I see stevia, hollyhock, lupines, zinnia, and hibiscus!

everything is sprouting except for the begonias... boo hiss on the begonias. but WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOo on the rest! I'm excited! and so is my daughter who is almost 5 :)

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

Thanks!! She wanted to do the flowers this year. She saw a bunch she liked in the seed catalogs, so we got some :) We're watching their progress daily and she loves it! she got so excited at the lupines this morning because they're really poking way out of the soil now!

superschwein22
Cool Member

I find it admirable that you have your daughter involved in trhe gardening. I know my Mom did her best to help me understand nature by having my own garden and I strongly believe that this is what started my love for nature and wildlife.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

She wants her own garden this year. Last year I let my son have one, which he decided this year that it is too much work and he doesn't want his own this year :( So, I think I"ll give it to my daughter :) She will love it. She enjoyed helping me last year. She'd hang out with me while I tended to the plants etc. I think she can do it! We'll talk about weeds etc and she can learn to pull them gently. Can't wait!!!

applestar
Mod

Sound like the fun has already begun at your house/garden! :D

Try some instant gratifications like alfalfa and Mung or soy bean sprouts too. It only takes a few days and if she/they doesn't want to eat them fresh, you can put them in soups, omelets, or even muffins. :wink:

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

ooooooooooh! what a great idea!!!!!

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”