applestar
Mod

I don't know if this is a good time of the year to start almonds -- fall after fresh harvest might be better? But you have a point. Maybe I'll start some and add to my bonsai wannabe collection along with the seed-grown pomegranates. 8)

Somewhere in the fruit forum, Lorax posted detailed banana cultivar/variety list about bananas and bananas with seeds, some of which are edible but most cold hardy varieties have seeds and are not edible. I think she mentioned which ones are suitable for Florida.

Richee

I'm pretty sure the Banana is edible.... or at least that's what it says on the box. Not sure what kind of Banana it is, because it doesn't say.

Here's the package I bought:
[url]https://www.dunecraft.com/products/bananabonanza.htm[/url]

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Looks pretty legit, Hope to see some updates on that

Richee

Out of 4 Almonds planted, one has already started to sprout today. It's got the dirt lifted on top, and the seed is opened up and starting to grow.

Richee

3 out of 4 Almonds have sprouted now.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Nice, and Ive been procrastinating on getting me some almonds lol

Richee

If I lived near you, I would give you some of the Almonds. I know they're good seeds because they're already sprouting. But with the cost and time of sending them through the mail, it would be easier for you to just buy some in the store. lol.

None of the Bananas have sprouted yet.. I'll update you on those, maybe in a new post. I'll keep this one "Nut" related.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”