gardengnome523
Newly Registered

How does everyone store their seeds?

Hi everybody!

So this is year 3 with my urban gardening adventures & I'm starting to get overwhelmed with all these seed packets! Where do you guys store all of your seed packets? I've seen ideas like jars & boxes. This is my problem though: I would like to have an easier way browse all of my packets without have to clear off my dinner table to find the one I want.

Is there a place that has like a seed catalog product or something? A google search for "seed binder" turned up the idea of a CD wallet. But this doesn't allow you to see the back of your packet and it really isn't very professional looking. Any ideas???

soil
Greener Thumb

I got a free fridge off graigslist a while ago, I don't run it but use it as dry storage. its well insulated and keeps a pretty steady temp specially if your room is temp steady. bugs cant get in. already shelves in there for easy storage.

from there they all go into glass mason jars, old jelly jars, pasta jars, and so on depending on how much seed I have.

gardengnome523
Newly Registered

Well I thought it worth posting a follow up. I've finally found a kit that is along the lines of what I was looking for this past winter:

[url]https://binders.com/sitehtml/products/garden-organizer.php[/url]

It has helped me a lot. Thought I'd pass the word along!

ThomasCA

Very cool!

I use a baseball card binder to help store seeds. Very similar to what is on that site.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”