OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

How To Dry Pumpkin Seeds?

I collected some seeds from the pumpkins I Carved and I wanted to know how to Dry them, Clean them, Store them and how long do they have before they go bad

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I soak mine (well mine were acorn squash seeds not pumpkin, but very similar) over night in water. The next day strain them through a colander or strainer rubbing it well against the strainer to get pulp off. Start by stirring the seeds against the water filled strainer. Lift the strainer and discard the pulp, threads and dirty water. Put the strainer back into the pan and add enough water to cover the seeds. Repeat, from start, until the seeds are clean.

Once they are clean, dry them on paper towels or cloth. On paper towels you will need to keep stirring them every once in a while to keep them from sticking.

Once they are clean and dry they can be stored for a long time. Put them in a paper envelope in frig or freezer. Plant next spring.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Perfect Thanks Will Do That Early in the Morning

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Just Use Your Method and I must say it Works quite well

Green Lab
Newly Registered

This is awesome we just got on looking for just this information on pumpkin seeds. The school had three big pumpkins outside for decoration. We broke them open. We are harvesting the seeds for planting and this information is just what we needed to know.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Forums Keep Imprints of Very Useful information for Everyone to Use. Thanks to this I have Tons of seeds to plant for Next Year :D

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”