Ruffsta
Green Thumb

hmm.. seed packets

k, I'll assume since it is related to seed starting..

I would like to know where I can get empty seed packets with my logo and plant pictures on them..

I am not referring to like say https://www.branders.com or https://www.printglobe.com - because those places come with seeds and their generic pics with just your semi custom logo..

what I am looking for is a place that just prints what I design/submit to them.. empty packets.. these I can give away or sell them as I see fit.

anyone have any good links?
Last edited by Ruffsta on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

soil
Greener Thumb

try the local print shop.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

How about buying something like these and then apply your self-sticking labels. https://www.uline.com/BL_1580/Coin-Envelopes

Eric

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

soil wrote:try the local print shop.
I did.. was a no go - they said they don't do small envelopes like that.. :(
Last edited by Ruffsta on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:How about buying something like these and then apply your self-sticking labels. https://www.uline.com/BL_1580/Coin-Envelopes

Eric
really looking for real seed packets.. just like you order online or buy at the local stores

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

I know there are printable templates.. but I would much rather get like a box full of them already assembled and all that.. all I would have to do is add my seeds and seal the envelopes.

IEatMyYard

Ruffsta, I have a local print shop I use to print all my company's materials. I've never given them a project they couldn't work out. The trick will be to source the packet envelopes. If you can find those, these guys should be able to load them into a printer and print B&W or full color. I have no clue what it would cost, though.

I'm curious if those envelopes are typically printed before the envelope is assembled (glued). My concern is that a hot printer could affect the glue on the flap, so they might label them, then assemble them and apply the glue.

It all depends on what you want to spend and the volume you're looking at.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

My Territorial Seed Co. packets are 3 1/4" x 5 3/8" The coin envelopes are 3 1/8" x 5 1/2" not enough of a difference to notice.
https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-11486/Paper-Office-Envelopes/3-1-8-x-5-1-2-White-Coin-Envelopes

Very printable on your personal computer and only $20.00 for 500 count.

I'm thinking if you go to a print shop, it will be fairly expensive. Are you thinking about a dozen of this and that. This and that cost more than 100 of the same.

Eric

soil
Greener Thumb

I get a lot of the seed I order online in mini plastic ziploc bags with simple print on stickers for the information. cheap and effective

really though, high quality seeds shouldn't need fancy packaging imo, good seeds sell themselves.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

How true Soil. For the Farmer's Market I just use a sandwich ziploc and photo I printed.

Eric

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

I agree with the good seeds selling themselves theory.. however nonetheless I still would like my own packaging.

@soil
I don't mind using my own printer for printing purposes.. just wanted the exact same packets they use commercially...
Last edited by Ruffsta on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:My Territorial Seed Co. packets are 3 1/4" x 5 3/8" The coin envelopes are 3 1/8" x 5 1/2" not enough of a difference to notice.
https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-11486/Paper-Office-Envelopes/3-1-8-x-5-1-2-White-Coin-Envelopes

Very printable on your personal computer and only $20.00 for 500 count.

I'm thinking if you go to a print shop, it will be fairly expensive. Are you thinking about a dozen of this and that. This and that cost more than 100 of the same.

Eric
hmm.. I guess that would work.. and considering I have a kodak printer - the ink is cheap enough :lol: but yeah I don't need lots of the same printed.. a dozen of this and that is just about right for now.
Last edited by Ruffsta on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

IEatMyYard wrote:
I'm curious if those envelopes are typically printed before the envelope is assembled (glued). My concern is that a hot printer could affect the glue on the flap, so they might label them, then assemble them and apply the glue.

It all depends on what you want to spend and the volume you're looking at.
I think the paper is cut and printed on a machine and possibly assembled on it too... then the seeds are added then sealed.

the other way would be manually seed loaded and sealed...

PS: sorry for multi - posting.. just thought I should answer each accordingly without misrepresentation/interpretation

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Go to uline shipping supplies and check out their coin envelopes!. You may see something you like in their catalog which is over 400 pages! I think there are companies that print seed packets for all the big companies.
+++
Another way to do it is put all your plant pictures on one large sheet then copy it in color on a sheet that has peel off and simply peel it off and place it on your envelope. Make a master sheet and its simple and your color copier can do it cheap!

soil
Greener Thumb

you could also just design them open, print them anywhere and cut and fold them yourself. it depends on how many you have to do and how willing you are.

most of the smaller seed companies fill all there packets by hand

felicity
Newly Registered

I am a little late, but I know this company prints their own so I don't know why they wouldn't sell empty packets. They are a small enough company that I would imagine would be helpful with this.
[url]https://bentleyseeds.com/promotional-custom-seed-packets[/url]

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”