sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

YES! this is going to work really awesome!

Me and my DD just started some seeds. I did some numex big jim hot peppers and peppers always take forever to sprout for me and I just cant ever get it hot enough bc I don't have a heat mat. WELL! I had a bright idea to put them over the light of my fish tank. I found the hottest spot and it is steaming that puppy right up! It is nice and tropical in that container :lol: I'm so excited!!!

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

sheeshshe,

Well, How is it working now? I'm a little worried you will either melt the pot or the top of the aquarium fixture. Is the pot sitting right on the fixture?

Eric

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

it is working perfectly. its not hot enough to melt. its sitting on the black plastic top of the light fixture. which that is plastic so I'm sure its made for the heat of the bulb. there is a little vent that the heat comes out of on top of the fixture and I have it on that. there is another one on the other side. I don't have that one covered. it is working perfectlY! I think I'll start my tomatoes this way too when the peppers are done sprouting :)

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”