wordwiz
Green Thumb

Hopefully... tomorrow (Tuesday)

Thursday, I ordered five more 200-cell seed trays and a pound of Super Sugar Snap peas from Johnny Seeds. The last time, I had them in four days and I'm hoping the same holds true this time. This would give me four weeks to get them ready for transplant. I decided to go with the 200-cell rather than the 128 because two weeks after transplanting, all 64 plants have survived and seem to be doing well. If I get the same germ rate as before - ~65%, I'll have 1300 plants. Decent, since I only think I have room for about 1200. But this time, I'll use good potting mix instead of some cheap crap I picked up at a hurry at a dollar store!

Report tomorrow!

Mike

soil
Greener Thumb

your 200 cell trays must be bigger than mine, no way to grow peas in them.
For all things come from earth, and all things end by becoming earth.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

1300 pea starts :shock: How will you plants these? Outside one at a time?

Eric

wordwiz
Green Thumb

soil wrote:your 200 cell trays must be bigger than mine, no way to grow peas in them.
The trays fit in a 1020 flat. They are large enough - I started 120 seeds and about 85 of them germinated. I transplanted 64 three weeks later and none were close to rootbound.
DoubleDogFarm wrote:1300 pea starts :shock: How will you plants these? Outside one at a time?

Eric
Sort of. Make a furrow, lays the plants' roots in it, then rake the dirt back into the furrow and around the plants.

Mike

alaskagold

I love sugar snap peas. But what do you do this that many? Can them? Freeze them?

Curiousity, it is a pain!

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

In my case, Farmers Market. :D

Eric

wordwiz
Green Thumb

alaskagold wrote:I love sugar snap peas. But what do you do this that many? Can them? Freeze them?

Curiousity, it is a pain!
Same as Eric. I believe he who gets there first with the most comes out on top.

Mike

alaskagold

To bad to both live so far. Good luck to both of you. :)

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I'm starting mine in the gutter system again this year. Worked pretty well for me, but then the ducks set me back :evil: Remember not to leave the gates open.
[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/Vegetable%20Garden%20plants/DSC02093.jpg[/img]

Eric

Return to “Seed Starting Forum”