lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Where's the Celebrity Tomato Seeds?

Back on Jan 3 I ordered several seed from Parks. Some on the forum had some problems with them but until then I was ok with Parks. Well I emailed about a week ago and said "What's up?" No response. So I got my order number and seed list and gave them a call. The representative began to read the seed on backorder (including Celebrity tomato) and I said "Just cancel the order"

Then I immediately ordered online from Tomato Growers, and order Better Boy, Celebrity Hybrid, and Ball's Beefsteak. Well, the order came today and (you guessed it) the Celebrity Hybrid are on back order.

Who has all the Celebrity seed?

Tomato Growers did send me a consolation prize....a package of Virginia Sweets..."This heirloom variety is simply one of the best tasting, best producing gold-red bicolors we have every grown. On top of that, the tomatoes are stunningly beautiful and enormous, weighting at least 1 lb. each."

We will see!!
Nutin as good as a kitchen sink mater sammich

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

I suspect the reason is that there are a lot more people growing gardens this year and Celebrity is a popular variety. Never fear, they will probably be on Walmart seed racks.

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

You know what, TZ, now that you mentioned, I was at Walmart today, always just to look, see if there is anything new and looking for $0.20 experimental seeds, just for fun - I don't remember seeing any Celebrity or Early Girls on the racks... Actually less choices of all veggies overall compare to last year. I wonder why?

Regards,
D

wordwiz
Green Thumb

I like Tomato Growers. I must have five packs of Belgium Giant seeds they send as free gifts with orders!

Mike

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

wordwiz wrote:I like Tomato Growers. I must have five packs of Belgium Giant seeds they send as free gifts with orders!

Mike
Ha, they must have had a good year with them. I got some last year. Might have to give them a try, but I am best with a variety or two, or else I cannot keep everything straight.

kimbledawn

This may be your lucky season. I have a pack that you can have. I caught a clearance sale at the end of last season and bought hundreds of packs of Park seeds for 11 cents each.
"Organic gardeners always know the best DIRT!"

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

kimbledawn wrote:This may be your lucky season. I have a pack that you can have. I caught a clearance sale at the end of last season and bought hundreds of packs of Park seeds for 11 cents each.
Sounds like a good plan....thanks. And maybe Tomato Growers will come through too.

Jalopy19
Cool Member

https://www.totallytomato.com/dp.asp?pID=00175&c=42&p=Celebrity+Hybrid+Tomato

They appear to have them at Totally Tomato. I have never ordered from them, but they seem to have a pretty good variety of hybrids including Celebrity.
USDA Zone 6b

farmerlon
Green Thumb

I mail-order the majority of my seeds, but I always check the local seed racks this time of year to pick up some extra seeds of "common" varieties and fill in any holes that I might have overlooked.

I was in Wal-mart a couple of days ago [getting an aquarium air pump for making compost tea], and noticed that they had Celebrity and Early Girl seeds in the racks.

Jalopy19
Cool Member

Cool. My Wal-Mart hasn't gotten the majority of their seeds in yet. I just mail ordered some so we'll see how much I overpaid :).
USDA Zone 6b

farmerlon
Green Thumb

Jalopy19 wrote:Cool. My Wal-Mart hasn't gotten the majority of their seeds in yet. I just mail ordered some so we'll see how much I overpaid :).
Our local Wal-Mart had seeds in $1.00 envelopes, and $2.00 envelopes.
I noted that for some of the seeds offered in both package sizes, the $2.00 envelope had 3 times the seeds of the $1.00 envelope ... so it was a much better buy, if you would use that many seeds.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

kimbledawn wrote:This may be your lucky season. I have a pack that you can have. I caught a clearance sale at the end of last season and bought hundreds of packs of Park seeds for 11 cents each.
Well, perhaps you have wondered why I have not thanked you for the Celebrity Tomato Seeds. Well, they came.......TODAY. Clearly, the post mark is February, 2011 and they got here today.....a year later.

Thanks for the seed. They did not make it to the 2011 garden, but will be in the 2012 version

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

lakngulf wrote:
Well, perhaps you have wondered why I have not thanked you for the Celebrity Tomato Seeds. Well, they came.......TODAY. Clearly, the post mark is February, 2011 and they got here today.....a year later.

Thanks for the seed. They did not make it to the 2011 garden, but will be in the 2012 version
WHAT!
Eric

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

lakngulf wrote:

I'm with DoubleDogFarm on this WHAT!
Gilson (Giles) Zone 7b

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Do I need to post a picture of the envelope?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

NOPE!

Eric

Tonio
Green Thumb

what is right :D LOL, 1 year later??????

hey at least you got em 8)

T
San Diego / Z10
-------------------

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

I guess it was sent on a real snail (snail mail)
Gilson (Giles) Zone 7b

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

GardenGnome wrote:I guess it was sent on a real snail (snail mail)
Yeah, I hope they do not take that long to germinate

Father's Daughter
Cool Member

lakngulf wrote:Do I need to post a picture of the envelope?
Based on recent experiences I've had with several pieces of mail, I know I don't need a picture as evidence...

Return to “Seed Starting Forum”