lily51
Greener Thumb

The 2011 season has started!

We were on vacation for a couple weeks in January, so as soon as we got home, it was seed starting time. I start my seeds inside and then get the seedlings going under gro-lights on a 12-tray stand. Once their true leaves show up, it's out to the greenhouse 8) to get transplanted. That way a little $$ is saved on heating before things get going full-force.

So far, my seed geraniums, wave petunias, german statice, hibiscus and rosemary are up. Will be making some adjustments on planting times from records on last year. Of course,who knows if we'll have a warm April and cool May/June this year !

It's kind of like a locomotive gaining momentum as the weeks and months progress, but I love it!

The Mad Hatter

I couldn't agree more. There is something very addictive about starting seeds. I check on em every morning before I go to work and every night when I get home.

Would you mind posting up some pictures of your green house? I would live to see it.

T.M.H.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Wow! very early start. I have my first seeds planted and some little broccoli sprouts just starting. I am in southern Ohio, zone 6B and I won't be starting my petunias for a while yet. 'Course I don't have a greenhouse. But you must have to keep all that going in the greenhouse for a long time.

Halfway
Green Thumb

I have some cilantro on the window sill and a few basil being germinated, but definitely ready to get the starts germinated in a few weeks.

40's today...might just have to bust out the flip flops and Hawaiian shirt!

The Mad Hatter

Halfway wrote:I have some cilantro on the window sill and a few basil being germinated, but definitely ready to get the starts germinated in a few weeks.

40's today...might just have to bust out the flip flops and Hawaiian shirt!
Now were talking. I miss my corona flip flops....

lily51
Greener Thumb

I'm in Zone 5b,coldest in Ohio. That makes my GH an even more alluring get-away!

Rainbow...these petunias are waves for hanging baskets, so they have to start early, I'll start other petunias later, also.
Anyone use a cold frame? I'd like to add one to do more perennials and get them out of the GH to make room for things that nned more shelter.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”