ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Just ordered the book

So many of you have mentioned this book. I just ordered it. Looking forward to seeing what it is all about. thanks all

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You will want to check out Ruth Stout, she was one of the first American proponents of a similar system. The Ruth Stout No-Work Garden Book: Secrets of the Famous Year Round Mulch Method and Gardening Without Work: For the Aging, the Busy & the Indolent (and a bunch of others!).

There's a wonderful video of her age 92 talking about her gardening methods, her philosophy of life, etc. She is feisty and spirited and the video is delightful. Unfortunately, it used to be available free on line and was pulled because of copyright issues. The only place I could find it for sale says Out of Stock.

https://www.bountifulgardens.org/prodinf ... PBerEbAiZY

I hope someone will rescue this film and make it available again. If I can find it, I will buy it.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Thanks Rainbow. I think I got screwed ordering the book on line. I want to get your recommendation - Ruth Stout. I will actually go to the book store instead of ordering on line.

Thanks again

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

What was the problem ordering One Straw Garden on-line? That's how I got my copy.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I meant One Straw Revolution, now it won't let me change it!

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Wonderful book. Have any of you employed these methods?
Went to Books A Million - no books by Ruth Stout on hand. Will check Barnes & Noble when I can take a break from caring for G 24/7.

Return to “One Straw Revolution - Masanobu Fukuoka”