applestar
Mod

Thanks for the update. :D
Please post some pictures if you can. 8)

soil
Greener Thumb

if I remember ill have to ask someone with a camera on their phone. no way to take photos, I'm lucky I have internet lol.

soil
Greener Thumb

one thing I have noticed is the rice plants have a lot more side tillers compared to my friend who I gave some rice seedlings to. he has his growing in a kiddie pool and its flooded. his grow up, mine grow in all directions from the base like a star burst. and the good thing is each one has a nice rice cluster coming out of it. which seems to me = higher yeild?

either way I just mostly want to learn the process the plant goes through, and get all that seed for next year.

soil
Greener Thumb

I went to a friends house who is doing the same experiment as me. her plants are HUGE. over 6ft with tons of flower spikes. absolutely no flooding whatsoever. it blows my mind how much one rice plant can give.

applestar
Mod

INTERESTING! :D
What variety is she growing? 8)
I noticed significant difference is the structure and stature of Carolina Gold vs. Koshihikari. CG is sturdy, coarse, and 1/3 bigger compared to K.

soil
Greener Thumb

like I said, I don't know the variety. the seedlings were grown from rice that you buy at the store. it was short grain brown rice thats all I know. I sprouted it, kept it germinating, babied it and got some to grow. next year ill have good rice seed with the hull on it from this plant to grow.

Return to “One Straw Revolution - Masanobu Fukuoka”