Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Breakfast

French toast in about 4 minutes. Put 1 teaspoon of butter or olive oil in skillet wipe it around to coat the entire skillet bottom then scramble 1 jumbo egg in the cold skillet. Push bread around then flip bread over to soak up egg on the both sides. Turn stove burner on high with lid on skillet. In about 2 minutes when skillets is hot enough & toast is golden brown, flip bread over then turn off the stove. Put lid on the skillet again. Pour your drink put it on the table. Get topping ready & waiting. Get, plate, fork, knife, butter, cinnamon, maple syrup, ready. In about 2 minutes toast will be golden brown. Put French toast on your plate add toppings, then eat it.

Sometimes I sprinkle cheese on the toast. Sometimes toppings are, cherry jelly, grape, plum, or other jelly. Sometimes Skippy Peanut Butter. Todays topping is real Maple Syrup not the fake stuff. Aldi's has maple syrup for $6 it is $9 every place else.
Attachments
100_2488.JPG
100_2432.JPG
100_2431.JPG

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Cold weather inspired me to make, sausage, biscuits & gravy for breakfast. I like to make real gravy with flour & milk but today I use a country gravy pack it is healthier than grease gravy. Biscuits were not homemade either. Jimmy Dean sausage is healthier than other brands it has more pork & less fat & good flavor.
Attachments
100_2599.JPG
100_2600.JPG
100_2601.JPG
100_2603.JPG
100_2604.JPG
100_2602.JPG

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have been enjoying Street Food videos on YouTube. Lots of Asian breakfast are made with eggs but often videos do not say what country it is, and often it is just video with no recipe so I pause videos and make notes. I saw this omelet 2 days ago and today I did my best to duplicate it and it turned out very good. Video shows egg being scrambled on a hot grill then green toppings & onions added so I used my garden pac choy & onions. When egg was solid enough to flip over I added diced left over dinner chicken, 2 kinds of cheese, 1 tomato added to the other side. Video shows omelet being rolled up like a burrito. Wow this turned out very good this will be breakfast every day for another week.
Attachments
100_2689.JPG
100_2691.JPG
100_2692.JPG
100_2693.JPG

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I do more cooking in winter than summer, street food videos give me good ideas. I have, sweet bell peppers, pac choy, chili peppers, red onion, white onion, eggs, yellow cheese, white cheese, gouda cheese, chicken, cumin, turmeric, paprika, chili powder, tomatoes, beans, rice, corn, chick peas, avocado. I don't have batter recipe for those large tortilla shells & no way to cook them that large. I have never seen blue onion before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1qStIlM-YU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_PfzysAUg8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEIMDFDBj4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abEY0D4Xk4I

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

This morning, scramble egg omelet with pac choy, red onion, cheese. Bread with real butter & Skippy peanut butter with Smucker's cherry Jam. Jimmy dean low fat sausage with 2 squirts of tabasco sauce.

This if the perfect breakfast for me to keep my blood sugar from going crazy high or low. Protein to keep blood sugar stable for several hours. Carbs are faster acting than protein for stable blood sugar. A tiny bit of sweet Jam for a quick start. I get tired if eating what I need to eat rather than what I really want to eat.
Attachments
100_2924.JPG

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

This morning I used Korean homemade bread to make French toast. Cover cast iron skillet bottom with 1 tsp of olive oil then crack 1 egg into cold skillet, scream egg in skillet. Place 1 slice of bread on the egg allow bread to soak up egg on 1 side for about 1 minutes then flip the bread over for 1 minute. Then turn stove burner on high to get hot fast. When French toast is golden brown flip bread over turn stove down & cook until golden brown. I squeeze sausage very flat this makes it cook faster all the way through and cook brown on both sides. Fast easy breakfast in about 5 minutes. I decided to have real maple syrup on French toast this morning instead of cherry jam.

Wife ate the Korean bread for breakfast too. She said, that bread is very good what did you do different?
Attachments
100_3496.JPG

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

After watching street food videos I have an idea for a good breakfast. I made this with what little I had growing in the garden, leaf from a cabbage plant, cilantro, onion, 4 tiny carrots. Street food is, eggs, vegetables, bread & sometimes cheese & meat. It is interesting how egg hands on tight to the vegetables when they are stirred into the egg this makes it easy to pour into a hot skillet to get the exact shape to fit the bread. This turned out very good, tomorrow I will triple the quantity of vegetables. No hot sauce I'm still struggling to get over stomach virus. Watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ZxxXoKClc
Attachments
100_4136.JPG
100_4135.JPG
100_4132.JPG
100_4130.JPG
100_4128.JPG

applestar
Mod

Glad to see you’re back to thinking and eating yummy foods, @Gary350 :D

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

applestar wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:27 am
Glad to see you’re back to thinking and eating yummy foods, @Gary350 :D
This morning I made another street food breakfast. Yesterday I mixed, chopped onions, carrots, cabbage, cilantro, enough for a week. This morning I fried vegetables with scrambled egg, had it on toast with cheese. Very quick easy breakfast. This stomach virus has us both whipped, out of bed 2 hrs, back in bed 2 hrs, back in bed, out of bed, over & over all day, been 2 weeks trying to feel good again. Drinking lots of Ensure & Pedialyte like doctor said. Drink a gallon of liquid every day it all comes back out. 80° and tornados today. I'm off to bed again not feeling good enough to stay vertical any longer.
Attachments
100_4147.JPG
100_4148.JPG
100_4150.JPG

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Breakfast today, egg, cheese, chicken, onion, omelet & fried sour dough bread & real maple syrup. This long slice of bread does not fit in our toaster, it has to be toasted 4 minutes on each end OR about 20 seconds each side in the skillet. Toasters use to get hot when I was a kid but this generation of whimps might burn their fingers.
Attachments
100_6054.JPG

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”