Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Cookies.............. called Biscuits in England.

Worlds best Chocolate Chip cookies. 2 eggs, 2 sticks of very soft room temperature butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar packed, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well for 5 minute, wait 5 minutes mix 1 minute, wait 5 minute mix 1 minute, wait 5 min mix 1 min, soon after mixing about 20 minutes batter will get foamy and very creamy looking. Mix in 1 tsp baking soda & 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Then add 2 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour 1/2 cup each time. Add 2 cups of chocolate chips. Optional, you can also add 1 cup of nuts. Bake 11 minutes at 375° F. Scoop or spoon cookie batter onto a cookie sheet if you don't flatten the batter you get very soft cookies. If you flatten the batter like a pancake then you get crispy cookies. After removing cookie sheet from oven if you place cookie sheet on a towel so cookie sheet stays hot then you get cookies with an extra crispy bottom. If you place cooking sheet on counter top cookie sheet cools quick then you don't get crispy cookie bottoms. This recipe makes 44 cookies with out adding nuts. Eat too many you get fat.
Attachments
100_9240.JPG
100_9238.JPG
100_9234.JPG
100_9237.JPG

Dissily Mordentroge

I have never understood, or even tasted the reason biscuits (they’re not cookies in Australia either) and cakes etc invariably have salt included in their recipes. I simply leave it out and have never noticed any significant difference other than , to me, an improvement in flavour.

applestar
Mod

Ha. That’s us — too much salt and too much sugar.... got Subway sandwich “bread” disqualified to be a non-taxable bread-staple in ... Ireland was it?

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

That does sound like too much salt for a recipe that sized. However, salt does add flavor to sweets, even when understated. Think about what happens when the salt is left out of bread - not as noticeable in sweets, due to the more complex flavors. And sometimes the coarse salt is added to sweets, with a delicious effect - a salted caramel brownie recipe I make is a favorite with everyone who tries them. And a few days ago I treated myself with some delicious cookies, topped with some fleur de sel.
https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/salte ... shortbread

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”