pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Christmas cookies!

Light year for me - not as many people to give them to as in the past, for one reason or another. Had to make some - just a little late this time. Any new and interesting types this year?
The cookies are baked, and I can really smell it upstairs, in the computer room - mainly the cinnamon! The star anise snickerdoodles flattened a little too much - I made a note to make them smaller, and add a small amount extra of flour next time, to see if that helps. The cheesecake is in the container, and on the back porch - fortunately, cool enough, but not too cool out there, so I didn't have to make room in the fridge!
ImageStar anise Snickerdoodles, baked, and resting, before cooling. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageBaked icebox barley cookies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageCooled icebox barley cookies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

And, of course, though I didn't make many this season, here are the most popular, which I may have to make more of.
ImageBaked Habanero Gingersnaps by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I also baked some graham crackers, to have for the cheesecake crust. I just made a small amount - what a 2 oz piece of butter made. I just reduced everything else by the same amount.
ImageHomemade graham crackers. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

imafan26
Mod

I still haven't opened some presents from last year and I have a couple of Christmas presents I haven't opened this year. Everything whizzed by so fast I did not get any Christmas cards out and the few presents I did buy will have to be after Christmas deliveries.

I did do Christmas cookies before. Usually, I only resort to it after I have forgotten how much time it takes to cook up all those batches of cookies. It was exhausting and I never was unscathed, I got burned on my fingers or on my arms every time.

The people you make the cookies for must be people you really care about to spend so much time and effort in baking them home made goodies.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

@pepperhead:
Your cookies sure do look good. I am interested in the Habanero Ginger cookies. I know how hot habanero peppers are. So how much habanero does one add to a typical cookie recipe? Do you use finely chopped habanero peppers? Powdered? It seems that one could add a habanero twist to any ginger cookie recipe.
I also like the looks of the Icebox Barley cookies. I might have to try making them sometime.
I recently tried some fig newtons made as a barley flour soft cookie stuffed with fig jam and they were really good.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

@HoneyBerry I had a favorite recipe for gingersnaps from back in the 70s, which had a tsp of finely ground black pepper. An idea came to me about using habaneros instead, due to the sweet, almostflor aroma, and they quickly became my most popular cookies every season.

I use powdered habaneros, and every season I'll grind up a small new batch, for the fresh aroma. When I started, the best aroma was on the hottest varieties, and some of the hotter ones (not superhots - those really don't have as much aroma) are still the best. I use 1/2 tsp to a 6 dozen recipe. Recently, however, I grew the Aji Dulce, which has incredible aroma, but almost no heat! So I can add some of that for the flavor, without making it too hot for some.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

That is interesting about how you substituted habanero peppers for black pepper. To me, black pepper doesn't seem right for a ginger cookie anyway.
I didn't know so much details about habaneros like what you shared. I bought some fresh once and cut them up to dehydrate them. Those cute little innocent looking orange peppers were super hot, and the hot oils stayed on my hands, didn't wash off, so I had to be careful about touching or rubbing my eyes for at least a week. So now I am afraid to buy habanero peppers.
I like jalapenos best. They are hot but not too hot.
Ginger cookies are my favorite so I am going to have to try them with a little
bit of habanero peppers. I think they must be not as hot when baked in a cookie?
Eating hot peppers is good for the heart they say. I read that recently.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

@HoneyBerry Back in the late 80s, when I started growing habs (and a lot of other peppers, as well!), Red Savinas were the "hottest in the world" for many years, and I tried many other habs, but they just weren't as good - the chocolates were as good, but back then, I didn't get any ripe until late Sept! This was a problem with many. The original gold bullet - about 400k - was my favorite one for years, but I lost the seeds, and never found the original. And the first Aji Dulce I tried, back in the early 90s, was another variety that didn't ripen until late Sept, so I dropped that one. They have improved all of these habs since back then, as far as length of season.

Here's the recipe I use for the gingersnaps. The original recipe was for 12 dozen (this is cut in half, to make it easy in the FP), and only used 1/2 tsp habanero powder, so the 1/4 tsp is normal here - 3/8 tsp makes a hotter one. This time I used 1/4 tsp red savina, plus 1/8 tsp aji dulce, for more flavor.

Habanero Gingersnaps

1/2 cup(s) butter; chilled
1/2 cup(s) sugar
1 3/4 cup(s) flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4-3/8 tsp habanero powder
1/4 cup(s) light molasses (3 oz)
2 tsp water
2 1/2 oz almonds; sliced or slivered

A. Place the flour, sugar, soda, salt, and spices in a food processor, and process to mix thoroughly, Cut the butter into 8 pieces, place in FP, and pulse to break up the butter, then process until it is totally ground up with the dry ing., srcaping the bottom to get the flour out of the ridges. Pulse while drizzling in the molasses and water into the FP, and process until the dough almost forms a ball.. Dump into a bowl, and gently massage the nuts into the dough, then form it into a log, about 15" long, round or square, and wrap in waxed paper, then freeze. B. When ready to bake, remove from freezer, and preheat oven to 325º. Slice log into 1/6" slices, place on parchment lined or lightly greased sheets, and bake 10 min, or until lightly browned. Remove to a rack to cool.

Yield: about 6 dozen

Options:
Dry molasses: use 26 g powdered molasses with the dry ing., then 1 egg for the liquid.

Using mixer instead of FP: Sift together the dry ingredients. Cream the butter (at room temp) and sugar; add molasses and beat just until mixed, then add dry ing. and beat on low until mixed. Stir in the nuts, then form into a 15" log (much stickier this way) in waxed paper, and freeze.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Thanks for the recipe.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I got back to making cookies this year - not as many as years ago, but more than last year. I got 6 recipes in the freezer over the last week, and yesterday I put together 2 recipes of Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles, which are refrigerated until bake time. And one Wienerstube, and two chocolate orange cookies - logs to add to those in the freezer.

And 3 more logs of dough for the freezer tonight (I'm running out of space!) - Habanero Gingersnaps, 2 with sliced almonds, one without, for some people I know who don't eat nuts.

And something that I did last night, was to brown a pound of butter for cookies, which gives an incredible flavor to shortbreads and other butter cookies. I'm sure I've posted my method for doing this in the past, but here it is again, for those who missed it.

Simply put, what I do with this, that makes it different from other recipes calling for browned butter, is to add the milk back to the browned butter, bringing the weight back up to 1 lb (or whatever), so that the butter can then be used in any recipe, in which I want that delicious flavor.

After browning it, to about 285°, I cool it to about 150-160°, and add milk, to bring the weight back up to 1 lb, whisking it to emulsify it, so that I can use it in any recipe calling for regular butter. I just store it in the fridge in a jar, chipping out chunks of it, to use 4 oz at a time, usually.
ImageBrowning the butter for cookies, up to about 265 degrees. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageBrowned butter for cookies, up to 285 degrees, when I transfer it to the metal bowl. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageBrowned butter for cookies, cooled down to about 150 degrees, when I add the milk. Browned more, while cooling. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageBrowned butter for cookies, after adding milk, beginning to emulsify, at about 95 degrees. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageBrowned butter for cookies, beginning to solidify, around 75 degrees, when I put it into a Jar, to refrigerate. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Soon, I'll start baking all these! :lol:

applestar
Mod

I need SMELL-O-VISION !! :>

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I just made 5 more recipes of cookies - 3 different ones, which puts me up to 17 recipes, of 9 different types. It's just over 1,000, which is the first time I've done that since I was working! Now, the baking... :o

I still have 8 oz of that browned butter left. Not sure what I'll make with it, but but maybe just some shortbread - the southern version with some light brown sugar, known as "shortnin' bread".

BTW, butter has gotten cheaper around here! That one day at Lidl it was $1.29/lb, and I stocked up on it, but it's gotten down to 1.89@ Aldi's - I only got one there this morning because I wanted one more lb that I wouldn't have to thaw!

Here's what I have, so far:

2 CC Oatmeal Snickerdoodles
2 Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles (new for me)

All the rest of these are "icebox cookies" - my usual varieties, that I can make, and freeze, and slice and bake, on bake days.

3 Habanero Gingersnaps
2 Rolled Barley
1 Oatmeal
2 Chocolate Orange
1 Wienerstube
2 Browned Butter French Vanilla Sables
2 Sesame

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I started baking today! All I baked were the cream cheese snickerdoodles and CC oatmeal snickerdoodles - none of the frozen logs.
ImageCooling cream cheese snickerdoodles. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageAbout 2/3 of the CC oatmeal snickerdoodles, cooling by pepperhead212, on Flickr

imafan26
Mod

They look so good!

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I baked 10 more recipes today, 3 Habanero gingersnaps, 3 of the chocolate ones - wienerstube and chocolate orange - and 4 French vanilla sables, almost like shortbreads. More of the gingersnaps than any, since they are thinner.
ImageHabanero gingersnaps, a third of them with no nuts. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageWienerstube - elongated ones - and chocolate orange - the square ones. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageFrench vanilla sables - almost like shortbread. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Still have 10 recipes left, and I might bake more later. I have to use some new sheets of parchment, due to the spices in these.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I'm done! I baked those last logs of cookies tonight starting with 3 sheets of the barley and oat cookies, and finished with 2 sheets of everything after that.
ImageRolled oats icebox cookies (square ones) and rolled barley cookies (elongated ones). by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Image2 batches of Tennessee icebox cookies, and the end of the barley icebox cookies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageSesame icebox cookies, 2 batches. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Here are the brownies I baked to take over tomorrow - one of those things I only make to take somewhere; otherwise, I will eat them all in very little time! I have no willpower with these, even though with all those cookies I made I only ate a few of.

I've been baking these since I discovered them back in the 80s. I've got all of Maida Heatter's books, and most of my cookies are recipes from her books, or variations of them. This batch was my variety - left out the expresso powder, and added the zest from 2 navel oranges.
https://www.thebutterlab.com/blog/palmbeachbrownies

ImageUnbaked Palm Beach brownies, for Christmas by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageBaked Palm Beach brownies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

imafan26
Mod

That's why I hardly bake anymore. It's hard to bake cookies and not eat them. I like cookie batter too!

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I haven't really eaten many of those other cookies. Brownies and the chocolate chip coconut macaroons, with a layer of chocolate spread on the bottoms, are the two I have no control with, so I don't keep them at home. :roll:

My neighbor called me yesterday to say she was going to return my cookie tin, and I offered to re-fill it, with her favorites. She said she definitely wouldn't turn that down!

imafan26
Mod

I liked to bake shortbread,peanut butter, and chocolate chip. I did not make that many brownies. I made an almond sugar cookie, I don't remember the name of it. It was in one of my Pillsbury bake off recipe books. It was a sugar cookie dough that had layers of almond sugar rolled into it. folded and rolled out about 3 times and cut in strips before baking. It was flaky and so good. I also liked to make German apple cake. It was simple and it was small only an 8x8 inch pan and it kept well for days. I did keep some cookies I got for Christmas. I already ate one of them. Luckily, they are packaged in snack sizes about 10 cookies in a bag, or I really would be eating way too much.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I finally got started baking cookies! Late this year, since I was sick, starting a week after TG, and I wanted to be totally cleared up, then get the kitchen basically sterilized, before starting to make any dough. Today, I made some of my favorites - CC coconut macaroons, which are made in the smaller oven, then after cooling, the bottoms coated, and slapped on the waxed paper, to cool. Best done when not baking other things. Those logs from the freezer I'll do when I get some help.
ImageChocolate chip coconut macaroons, one of 4 sheets by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageCoating the bottoms of the CC coconut macaroons with dark Merckens chocolate, cooling on waxed paper. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

imafan26
Mod

Looks so good. I used to make Christmas cookies, but I haven't done that in years. When I did do it, it took me weeks and it was a lot of work and very tiring. But, I admit that homemade cookies are really the best.

applestar
Mod

Yum! Sorry to hear you had been sick, but it’s great that you’re feeling better and enjoying the fun activities of the season!

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Today I baked one recipe each of CC oatmeal snickerdoodles and cream cheese snickerdoodles, then 2 recipes of sesame icebox and one recipe of oatmeal icebox cookies. I still have 5 more logs of cookies to slice and bake, so I figured I'll do those tomorrow; maybe tonight I'll make a couple more logs. I also remembered those star anise snickerdoodles I made last season - maybe I can turn that into an icebox recipe, using a basic recipe, adding the star anise and a little cinnamon.
ImageCC oatmeal snickerdoodles and cream cheese snickerdoodles, just out of the oven. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageCC oatmeal snickerdoodles, and cream cheese snickerdoodles by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageOatmeal and sesame icebox cookies by pepperhead212, on Flickr

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I'm finished! Besides the last of the cookies, I made a batch of WW/rye bread sticks, to snack on, plus eat with soups and curries, plus they are quick to roll out, and gives me more time to cut out more cookies. As always, I saved the habanero gingersnaps for last, and you can see the darker ones - the original recipe calls for light molasses, and I ran out, and all blackstrap is way too strong, so I just used 1 tb BS, and 3 tb honey, and it's still darker, but not overly strong. I buy BS by the gallon, for all the bread I use it in, so I always have that.
ImageTN icebox cookies, chocolate orange, and chocolate sables. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageA double recipe of Wienerstube, and most of the new star anise icebox recipe I made. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageA batch of WW/rye bread sticks I threw together to snack on, and eat with soups and curries I'll be making, now that I'm done with cookies! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageFirst batch of habanero gingersnaps - just over a half a load, so I had to bake 2 batches of them. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageTwo recipes of habanero gingersnaps, the dark one I used a tb of black strap and 3 tb honey, in place of light molasses. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Not quite time for those cookies yet (but I stocked up on butter, sugar, and flour!), but today I baked a half, and 3/4 of a recipe of some spice bars my Mom got the recipe from someone before I was born - just called German Squares, in our house. I've tweaked them, adding some ginger to them, and some habanero powder, to make some of them spicy, for the kid I'm taking them to tomorrow - his 21st birthday! He's the one I got hooked on hot peppers. If I could have, I would have gotten him an order of seeds for that "Pepper X" (even though I'll be starting them for him), but it wouldn't have been here by his birthday.

This smaller batch I made with WW flour, and no nuts or hot peppers - for the Mom and sister - and the larger one for whoever else wants to try.
ImageSome gingersnap bars I made to take to a friend's birthday tomorrow - the large pan with habanero powder. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

imafan26
Mod

I did the same. I have made some cookies for our club sale. I made banana bread, chocolate chip, butter cookies, snack mix, and brownies. It took me two days to make the batters and bake it all. It took me three days to recover. I still ingredients left. I did learn that I can make a lot of the cookie batters ahead of the time and freeze it. I also made the banana bread early because the bananas were ripe and froze that as well. I may make more cookie batter to freeze for Christmas cookies later. I have to find recipes for cookies that don't fall apart so easily. I had a hard time finding recipes that were not for soft chewy cookies and those don't keep as well as a crisp cookie. I will have to search the recipes again. At least I have time to do that, before I eat all the M&M's.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I'm not baking yet, but I did get started making the dough! I made the hot gingersnaps first, then put everything in the DW, and after all that dries, I'll get started on things that won't "flavor" things I make in the FP after, like the vanilla sables, and TN icebox, and finish with the sesame cookies, then do a half load in the DW, while I eat my leftovers for dinner. Then later do any chocolate cookies I'm making. The snickerdoodles (I have at least 3 kinds of those!) I'll have to make the night before baking - I'll have find out when my helper(s) will be over.
ImageThe dry ingredients for 4 batches of hot gingersnaps, one in the FP, ready to add the butter and molasses to. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageThe dry ingredients ground up with the butter, and the molasses added, in the FP, then mixed with nuts, by hand. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageThe first log of hot gingersnap dough, ready to even out in the waxed paper. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Image4 batches of hot gingersnap dough, ready to freeze. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

imafan26
Mod

Busy. I made 3 cookies for my club sale. It took me two days and I was really tired afterwards. I hadn't baked for such a long time. I did learn that browning the butter gives the cookies a nuttier taste and that adding a little baking soda to the recipe give you a softer cookie. I was going to make snicker doodles but I did not get around to it. I made butter cookies, chocolate chip, shortbread, and banana bread (which is still in the freezer). I may make more cookies, but I am going to try to stick with cookies I can make ahead and freeze the batter and cook them later. I also need to make more room in the freezer for that. Most of the cookies I made were soft cookies which was not my intent. I actually like a crisp cookie and the softer cookies don't keep as long so it was recommended to only bake off part of the frozen cookie batter you need rather than bake the whole recipe if you don't need it.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

If you like crispy cookies, you would like most of these cookies I make, which are slice and bake, or "icebox" cookies - the reason I make all those logs, that go in the freezer. Most slice 1/4" thick, but some, like the gingersnaps, slice 1/6" thick. Making the dough is fast, if you have a food processor - you have the butter and eggs cold, and once all the dry ingredients are blended together, add the butter in pieces, and blend it, pulsing, at first, until totally ground together, then add the egg and vanilla, beaten together (the usual "liquids"), pulsing until it starts to come together, then dump it into a bowl, with nuts, if any, and work it into a log, by hand. Since it is cold, it's not sticky, or shouldn't be. Then roll it into a log, on waxed paper, and even it out. And when slicing the frozen logs, if you have a santoku knife, that will slice this easier, as those scooped out hollows lower the friction. When first slicing every time, I make some marks on the first log that are 1/2" apart - then every one cut in the middle, or in thirds, for the thinner ones, and after a while I can do it without marking, and get the perfect thickness.

imafan26
Mod

Thanks. I'll look for some ice box cookie recipes. I have a lot of old cookbooks, so I may find some oldies there that make crisp cookies. I found my canning jar sealer ( I was looking for the fermentation caps. I haven't found them yet). If I get a gallon canning jar, I can vacuum seal it and that will keep the cookies fresher longer.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Today was the day to make some chocolate cookie dough, using Dutch cocoa in all these, since they are made in the food processor. I figured out that I used 4¼ c in the 7 recipes, which is just over a pound. I had to refill my cocoa container after the first 4, so I got a bag of the Saco cocoa I had in my pantry - a brand I tested with 4 others several years ago, by just making a simple brownie recipe, and plain hot cocoa, and even though it was a little lighter than a couple others, it was the best tasting of the 5, in both the brownies and hot cocoa. I took the bag and cocoa container out on my deck, to refill it, because of the cloud of cocoa dust I knew I'd get! I hate seeing all that cocoa going to waste, but I really didn't want it to be settling in my house! I get enough from the dry ingredients when making the dough. :lol:
ImageCookie compost! lol by pepperhead212, on Flickr

These chocolate orange cookies I made with the same basic recipe from the Wienerstube, without the spices, but with orange zest. And this time, I tried something new, though I don't know if I will notice it - a tb of Grand Marnier, as a flavoring. I'll let you know how it turns out.
ImageThe dry ingredients for the chocolate orange cookies, with the zest from 2 mandarins added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Image7 chocolate cookies - Wiennerstube, chocolate orange, chocolate coconut nut, and chocolate sables. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

And here's something I did this evening, to make some dough with tomorrow . I made some browned butter - 24 oz of it. When making ghee, I let it get to about the same temp - 280-285° - but with the ghee I let it stick to the bottom of the saucepan (and filter the rest out), while with this I start stirring around 255° with the silicone spatula, and keep it from sticking on the bottom, so those particles remain suspended, and stay in the browned butter. The flavor is incredible in these things.
ImageBrowned butter, poured into a metal bowl, to cool, before adding milk back to it. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Imagebrowned butter, with the 4 oz of milk added to bring it back to 24 oz. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageThe browned butter, down to about 84 degrees, when it thickens and emulsifies, which is when I measure it out. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

OMG those cookies smell good!!!

I baked just the buttery cookies tonight - the TN icebox, and the TN icebox, with brown butter, the vanilla sables, the sesame icebox, the oatmeal icebox, with brown butter, and the barley flake icebox, with brown butter. 12 recipes total, with 13 more to go, including 4 batches of snickerdoodles I made a couple of nights ago, and 5 chocolate icebox, and the 4 habanero gingersnaps - the first 4 I made! It was cold enough for one night, to keep them on my back porch, but I had to make room in the fridge for those bowls, as it got up in the 50s today!

It only took a little over 2 hours to bake all this, and if I had had a helper, it would have been faster - I had to only bake 2 sheets several times. Still pretty fast!
ImageThe TN icebox cookies, with brown butter. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageThe rest of the regular TN icebox cookies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageMost of the vanilla sables, after the TN icebox. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageLast few of the sables, and all of the sesame cookies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageOatmeal icebox cookies, with brown butter. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageAll of the barley flake icebox cookies with brown butter - almost like English toffee. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

applestar
Mod

I bet you could gift little vials of air from your kitchen! :()

Use them for instant pick-me-up in emergency. :wink:

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Today I baked those 5 recipes of chocolate cookies, and about a third of the cream cheese snickerdoodles, but that was so sticky, I stopped, even though it was in the fridge for 2 nights, and put it in the freezer, and baked the oatmeal and barley snickerdoodles, which was hard, as always, so I left them out, while putting all those previously baked cookies away. Baked all the oatmeal and barley snickerdoodles, then took a break. I'll probably wait until tomorrow to bake the rest of those cream cheese snickerdoodles, then the habanero gingersnaps.
ImageAll of the chocolate coconut nut icebox cookies, and about 3/4 of the chocolate orange cookies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageThe last quarter of the chocolate orange, and 3/4 of the wiennerstube - chocolate pepper cookies by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageAll of the barley snickerdoodles, a third of the cream cheese snicks, and about 2/3 of the oatmeal snicks. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Today I finished the cookies - only took 3 batches, and a little more than half an hour total bake time, but those cream cheese snickerdoodles took a while, since I froze the dough solid, since they were so sticky (I might add 2 more tb flour next time, though I don't remember that happening last year). Though the dough was very slightly pliable, even at that temp, it was still hard to break up, at first, so what I used was an antifreeze ice cream spade, which cut right through it! By the time I got to the bottom of the bowl, it started getting sticky again, but I got them all formed, before it stuck on me too bad. And they all fit on 3 sheets, for one batch. The 4 habanero gingersnaps fit on 6 sheets, for 2 batches - crammed 54/sheet, with only a few empty spots.
ImageThe remaining 2/3 of the cream cheese snickerdoodles, finished in one batch. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageA little more than 2/3 of the habanero gingersnaps. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageAbout 1/3 of the habanero gingersnaps. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

applestar
Mod

You are inspiring me to bake more :lol:

For once I followed the recipe exactly on a baking chocolate package (mostly … added a bit of virgin coconut oil, subbed sunflower seeds and dried coconut flakes for nuts and used 3 kinds of chocolate chips, used combination of cake flour and whole white wheat flours … oh and used Kahlua instead of Vanilla, a big blob of almond/cashew/maple syrup butter … :> OK OK maybe I didn’t, but I DID weigh the flours, sugars, choc chips, and nut subs except for the nut butter….) — 30 cookies total, going fast :()
Attachments
E295A6C8-3A1F-456A-902B-874A97F48A9D.jpeg

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I thought I was finished with cookies, but I made just a half a recipe of pfeffernüsse today, just because it's National Pfeffernüsse Day!
ImageA half of a recipe of Pfeffernüsse. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageThe Pfeffernüsse, after dusting with confectioners sugar. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

imafan26
Mod

Who would have known there are even cookie days. They look yummy.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”