Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Best Guacamole Ever

Cut 3 ripe avocados in 1/2 remove seeds & scoop the insides into a food processor. Run food processor about 30 seconds avocado turns very cream bright green color. Squeeze juice from 2 mandarin oranges into the food processor plus 1 can of Ro-Tel tomatoes. Run food processor until everything is creamed about 45 seconds. I never made this recipe before, WOW this is the best Guacamole I ever had even from a Mexican restaurant.

applestar
Mod

I had to look up Ro-Tel tomatoes — I guess the key is this is a can of ripe tomatoes and green chilies/peppers but they have different flavor combos ...which one did you use? Original? Original low salt?

Canned Diced Tomatoes and Chopped Green Chilies | RO-TEL
https://www.ro-tel.com/products

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

DW has found a guacamole at a grocery store that she likes. It lists some things as ingredients, notably onions and garlic, but I almost cannot taste them. Almost 100% avocado ... why bother ... But then again, she is a real avocado fan.

She brought home an avocado and artichoke dip once. There were jalapenos in there. I was deeply suspicious. All things I like but together?! By the time the carton was empty - I'd decided that it was okay :).

So, she never buys it again :? . However. Artichoke dip with jalapenos, onions and garlic has been a must-have! Well, that's good, but I'm wondering what happened to just a good guacamole with peppers, tomatoes, etc.??? One thing, we certainly better not have too much of these high-calorie treats around. Honestly, I feel lucky that her favorite tortilla chip, ain't mine :wink: .

Steve

ACW

up the ro tel tomatoes , over here they would cost me as much as a bottle of half decent single malt whisky.,so I think I will pass on that recipe.
sounds good though to me !

applestar
Mod

@DigitS — therule at our house is if anyone wants a new item put on “buy again” list, they have to take a picture of the package and send it to my phone ... verbal requests are not accepted :wink: mostly because I won’t remember what it was :>

imafan26
Mod

Somebody gave me 2 avocado's. One was rotten inside (it happens), but the other only had one soft spot and the rest was nice and buttery. I had some for breakfast and the rest with my salad for lunch.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

applestar wrote:I had to look up Ro-Tel tomatoes — I guess the key is this is a can of ripe tomatoes and green chilies/peppers but they have different flavor combos ...which one did you use? Original? Original low salt?

Canned Diced Tomatoes and Chopped Green Chilies | RO-TEL
https://www.ro-tel.com/products
I used, Original, Medium. They have one called, Original, Hot. I will try hot next time it is not very hot by my standards.

WOW Price of Mandarin oranges is $7 for a small bag. Mandarin orange is really a tangerine when I lived in Arizona I had a small tree it only made about 15 oranges each year. Friend had a tree I use to get 5 gallon buckets of mandarin oranges free. They were $2 for 20 lb bag at the Mexican flea market.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”