Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Best Cereal I have ever eaten.

MIX, 1 box of Honey Bunch of Oats, 1/4 box Mini Wheats, 1 box Muesli, 1 lb sun flower seeds, 1 lb flax seeds, 1/2 lb millet. Cereal is 80% air space, crunch the cereal so it takes up less space then mix well. Best cereal I ever created. Add milk. Sometimes I add other things like granola and ground up nuts but don't have any this time. Currents are good too they are like mini raisins with 3 times the flavor. This is the first time I added all 3 kinds of seeds this cereal mix is very good. I use to buy seeds at Farmers Co-op they are much cheaper than the grocery store, 30 lb bag of Flax seed is $25, 30 lb bag of Sunflower seeds $29, 30 lb bag of millet $26. I wanted smaller quantities of seeds this time for this experiment they were $2 lb at Sprouts Store.

Last edited by Gary350 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Hey Gary, I do the same thing - 3 together is a good number. I like a couple simple to one mix. Often, the complex cereals are too sweet.

Here's something else I do with cold cereal, my breakfast about 30% of the time - and I always eat breakfast ;): I slice fruit and put in the bowl first. Then, it's the cereal and I put fruit on top of the cereal. Half the bowl ends up as fruit.

If I have fruit before the cereal, I can make it 3 servings of fruit to 1 of cold cereal. Keeps me happy :D.

Steve

imafan26
Mod

Looks good. I actually like honey bunches of oats with almonds better.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”