pomerinke
Cool Member

Preserving Peperoncini

Hey all,
I was hoping someone would share with me any recipe they have to preserve peperoncinis or banana peppers (golden greek).

I eat so many peperoncinis it only makes sense to try some can some myself. What I'd like is this: https://www.mezzetta.com/our-products/detail/peperoncini.

This is the brand I usually buy. The ingredient list says peppers, distilled vinegar, water, and sea salt. My only experience is slicing up some habaneros last summer and putting them in vinegar for a week or so. They turned out great, and I gave a lot away.

But I really want to replicate the pepperoncinis from Mazzetta.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dirtyhands02
Newly Registered

I would also really like to see someone share a recipe also!

pomerinke
Cool Member

Hey dirtyhands02

I was able to find a kind of generic recipe a few months ago. (Since lost the link)

What I did was boil about 1/2 and 1/2 water/vinegar with a bit of sea salt. (I used local Okinawan sourced sea salt)

Put a small slice in the peppers and put 1 or 2 whole peppercorns in your jar. Turn off the heat and once the fluid cools below boiling, pour into the jar with the pepperoncini. I let mine sit for about 1-2 minutes before putting the lid on.

I can't verify the outcome of this, as I just did this last month and I'm only just about to finish a one-gallon jar of pepperoncini I bought right before I found this recipe.

I'll try to remember to update this post once I open the jar and let you know how it went.

Cheers!

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”