Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Breakfast, new recipes from different countries

I am tired of eggs every morning for breakfast. The whole world is abscessed with eggs. There are 100s of ways to cook eggs. People from England eat omelets with bake beans for breakfast. Germany has sausages and eggs. Iceland fish and eggs. I found some new recipes that are good and different.

==============================================================================================

BREAKFAST MUFFINS, these are GOOD.

In a bowl mix well then fill the cups of a muffin pan 3/4 full after you spray pan with oil.
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup has browns
1/4 cup fresh chopped garden parsley
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped bacon or sausage

BATTER
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vinegar
mix well

Spray a muffin pan with oil. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with the vegetables, herbs, cheese, mix. Slowly pour batter into the cups until the batter sifts down into the mix and covers the top. Bake at 400 degrees until done, golden brown about 20 minutes.

===============================================================================================

BREAKFAST PIZZA

Cover crust with pizza sauce
Sprinkle on scrambled egg, onion, bell pepper, herbs, spices then top with pizza cheese and black pepper.
Bake 425 degrees about 20 minutes.

=============================================================================================

ITALIAN EGGS

Mix 1/4 cup cheddar cheese with 1/2 cup of hash brown potatoes. Put the mix in the bottom of 6 Pyrex single serving dishes. Fill bowls all 3/4" full with spaghetti sauce. Pour 1 scramble egg in the center of the spaghetti sauce. Top with cheese. Bake in oven 400 degrees 20 minutes.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

I like the breakfast muffin idea, Gary :). That might be something I could make, without enlisting DW's help to make a crust. You see, the recipe makes me think of an upside down quiche! The custard and crust are combined as one ;).

We eat lots of eggs. The first thing we will be able to harvest from the outdoor garden is a nice handful of chives. They will just go in scrambled eggs. But, I also make omelets quite often, right through the year and for any meal.

A long time ago, I learned how to make pumpkin pie. It was my contribution to the Thanksgiving meal. Later on, there was that book with the title about "real men" not eating quiche. Well, once I figured out what a quiche was, that just made me mad. I could make pumpkin pies and I could make omelets. There wasn't any reason I couldn't make a quiche.

One problem I've always had was making a pie crust that wasn't like cardboard. I learned to allow DW to do that part. Really, just about anything can be on the crust as long as there are eggs, milk and cheese :). Your ingredients for filling the muffin cups before pouring the batter would be fine. I often make a quiche with broccoli or bok choy ... but, that wouldn't be for breakfast.

DW uses baking powder in her pie crust but just combining those pie crust ingredients with the egg and milk and pouring it over everything should work. I think I'll give it a try :). DW likes the idea, too.

Steve

imafan26
Mod

When I get tired of eggs for breakfast I like
Banana pancakes
Fried rice or fried noodles
Peanut butter banana smoothie
Grilled cheese sandwich
In the Philippines eggplant omelettes is usually eaten for breakfast with rice and longanisa sausages.
The rich people in Vietnam have pho for breakfast
Rice gruel (congee) replaces oatmeat or cream of wheat in Asia where rice is served with every meal. In The Philippines it is called Arroz Caldo and in China it is called Jook.
Pastry and croissants in France
Japan: rice, miso soup, salted vegetables, pan fried fish , natto, hot green tea.
Italy and Brazil: toast and coffee
Mexico: Huevos rancheros

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”