applestar
Mod

Curry dishes

Yellow curry made with sautéed onions, carrots, celery, summer harvested garlic, fresh ginger root from the Green Room, 1/2 orange, 1/2 of freshly picked Takanotsume pepper, lemongrass stalk harvested from the 2nd bedroom, kaffir lime leaves, combination of spices, chunks of leftover buffalo chicken tenders and some potatoes, and thickened with Trader Joes Carrot Ginger soup and mango nectar juice. Served over short grain brown and white rice cooked with konbu seaveg. for extra minerals and micronutrients.
Attachments
image.jpg

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

You're making me hungry! Now I'm going to have to make a Thai curry, to quell these feelings of withdrawal! I just made a southern Indian style curry Sat. night, using the last kohlrabi from my garden (I often use that in place of cauliflower, which is more common in Indian cooking), a diced potato, some masoor dal, and some black quinoa, only because I had it in the fridge from before. I started the usual way - popped some mustard seeds in some coconut oil, then added the cumin, urad dal, and asafoetida, followed by some dried peppers, then some curry leaves, followed by the onion and garlic. I used a new batch of sambhar masala for the spices, and also chopped up all those greens from the kohlrabi for it - not traditional, but it turned out great!

imafan26
Mod

You know Ihave grown turmeric, fenugreek (seasonal), coriander, hot peppers and I have an Indian curry tree, but I rarely ever make curry. I don't even use the curry mixes. It looks good though.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”