GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

GardeningCook Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad

I know this is a bit late in the day for July 4th, but this is still a favorite here for patriotic holidays & one I'll be making here in an hour or so to accompany some grilled fresh swordfish steaks topped with grilled shrimps & little grilled Topneck hardshell clams.

GardeningCook Red, White, & Blue Potato Salad
(adapted from a recipe by Alton Brown)
Makes approximately 4 servings

One 1-pound bag of mixed red, white, & blue baby potatoes or, if purchased separately, approx. 1/3-pound each of white/yellow, red, & purple/blue baby or fingerling potatoes
2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar or cider vinegar
Approx. ¾ cup mayonnaise, or to taste
½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
Approx. ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
Approx. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
1 garlic clove, peeled & minced
1 shallot “clove”, peeled & minced
6 Cornichon pickles, roughly chopped
1 small or ½ a large celery stalk, chopped
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste

Wash potatoes, place in a pot with water to cover by a couple of inches, & bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer & cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife – approx. 15 minutes. Drain & set aside until cool enough to handle, then cut potatoes into bite-size pieces/slices.

In a bowl large enough to hold finished salad, combine all remaining ingredients well. Gently fold in potatoes & serve immediately, or chill in the refrigerator as desired.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Thank you for this fun recipe!
( I just happen to be wearing R-W-B clothing today. White t-shirt with blue stars on it and a red jacket. )
I will use Veganaise instead of mayo, but that will be the only change that I make.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”