ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Crazy Pizza

G was out of town and I was hungry for pizza. I like the specialty, artisan pizzas from the local pizza shop but they are pizza for 2. I rummaged through the freezer, refrigerator and pantry. I had some plain, generic, frozen biscuits. Defrosted and pressed out by hand on a floured board = crust. HMMM? What else can I add? In the frig there was a jar of asparagus/assiago spread, sun dried tomatoes, capers, anchovies and sharp provolone. A treasure- a slice of prosciutto. Yes I do keep crazy stuff in the pantry and frig because I am always trying something new.

Pressed the biscuits into 6"-8" rounds. Spread a thin layer of asparagus spread. added finely chopped prosciutto and anchovies. Rinsed capers and minced sun dried tomatoes. Grated sharp provolone (just a little) and fresh parsley. Cooked until the biscuits were done.

VERY YUMMY! I dislike col pizza - this was an exception. I had the 2, small, left over slices for breakfast the next morning. So good that I made another 2 for dinner the next night.

:-()

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

YUMMY!!! I luuuuuurve biscuits! And pizza! That pizza is singing to my heart strings!

We heat up leftover pizza the next day on a sheet pan in a 400 F oven for 15 minutes. Just as good as fresh!

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”