PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Squash fries

For this recipe I use Kabocha squash, but butternut squash works too. You can probably use others.

ingredients:

1 squash cut intro strips or cubes (whatever shape you want)
Chives (2-3 tablespoons chopped)
Oregano (1 tablespoon chopped)
Basil (1/2 cup)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
chipotle powder (to taste)
Cumin (1/2 teaspoon)
chopped garlic ( 1 bulb worth, more/less depending on how much you like garlic)
maple syrup ( I usually drizzle just a little over the fries)
olive oil or avocado oil (just enough to coat the fries, about 2 tablespoons or so)

How to prepare:

Place cut squash into a bowl. Chop all herbs and add it to the bowl with the squash. Add salt and pepper, and spices. Add oil. With your hands, mix all the ingredients together. Pour fries into a pan and drizzle a little maple syrup over the top of fries. Place in oven at 400F for 25-30 mins. You could go a little longer if you want them more crispy.

applestar
Mod

Yum! This sounds REALLY good! I would have to be a bit moderate about the herbs and spices for the kids, but I'm putting them all in for MY batch :D

(Have you see all the winter squash seedlings I've started? Hopefully I'll have some squash to try this recipe with in fall 8) )

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

You can play around with this recipe too. You can add stuff to it and even omit some ingredients. I like to add the maple syrup so that I get a sweet, salty, and spicy flavor all in one. I have not seen your thread but I will find it. I am going to grow squash as well. I think I will plant the seeds this weekend.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”