DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

So, Tell me about Vegetable flour

Steve "digits" brought up squash flour in one of his replies.

What can you tell me about vegetable flour? I can picture dehydrating and grinding many varieties.

Eric

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Eric, I can't tell you much about vegetable flours. If it wasn't for having discovered the HG button, "view new posts," I would have never ventured into "Recipes - Canning - Preserving." I don't do any canning and I'm not much of a cook!

Well, let's see what I can say: There are all sorts of grain flours that Americans don't make much use of. I even used rice flour tonight thickening some soup. I was supposed to put a couple of tablespoons of wheat flour in with some sauteing onions and decided that if gluten-free DD shows up, and looks to be in need of soup on a cold night :wink:, it would be a good thing to be able to tell her that it doesn't have wheat flour. Amaranth, quinoa, does chickpea flour count?. . . okay, I'll stop with those.

Potato flour. I like potato bread and have made bread with mashed potatoes. Yeah, used yeast and everything. I think I ate instant potato flake something once. Tapioca flour! There are Asian desserts and candies that use it. It is a sticky starch.

That's about all I've got :) .

Steve

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Thanks Steve,

Maybe some other members have experience.

Eric

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”