memory94

pepper Serrano recipes help?

ok so ive harvest allot of pepper Serrano this month, about half a Ziploc bag.all I have is red Serrano pepper.

so I came here and wonder what recipes are their to make plain peppers?

so yea anyone? :)

imafan26
Mod

Serranos are good for salsa or you can make hot pepper sauce.

Hot peppers (any kind), minced. 4 cloves garlic minced fine (more if you like garlic). 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Put all of the minced peppers, garlic and lemon juice into a clean glass jar. Fill the jar with fish sauce until peppers are covered. Seal and keep refrigerated. Use the pepper sauce in dishes where you want to add a little or a lot of spice.

Hot peppers, especially red ones can be dried. The dried chili flakes are good on things like pizza or spicy soups. Dried peppers are hotter than fresh.

You could stuff serranos like jalapeno's.

Hot peppers can be added to soup and stews to spice things up (1-3 peppers depending on the heat)

Thai recipes: Most Thai recipes call for chili peppers, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and/or galangal. You can buy the paste already prepared but you can still add more chilies. If you have these ingredients you can make your own Thai chli paste and keep it in the freezer. Thai chilies are hotter than serrano peppers so you can adjust the quantity to get amount of heat you like. I usually substitute tabasco and cayenne peppers for Thai peppers. Keo's Thai cuisine cookbook has the recipe for making your own curry paste but this link was the closest to the original recipe I could find.

https://www.barefootkitchenwitch.com/the ... y-pas.html

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”