luvthesnapper

What To Do With Zucchini?

I know I'm always asking this, but I'm tired of eating zucchini already, and I need some ideas on what to do with them. My neighbors hide in their houses when they see me coming with zucchini, because they've had enough too.

I can't see canning them. Wouldn't they end up mushy?

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Make zucs bread and cakes and give them away!!

greenstubbs

Here's a link that was in the Trib today about zucks, at the bottom of page there's a hotlink to 31 recipies in the L.A. Times. Go fig on that one?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/sc-food-0824-zucchini-20120829,0,1614253.story

applestar
Mod

Beer-batter fried zucchini served with tomato sauce?

Also, yesterday I shredded tronboncino neck (so somewhat firmer) and made homemade fresh tronboncino egg pasta. (I incorporated them in the pasta dough).
Last edited by applestar on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

There's a killer chocolate zucchini cake. Put it in lasagna. Salads, stir fries, soups, quiches, grilled. If you bake it into lasagna, you can freeze the lasagna to have in winter, when you aren't tired of zucchini any more! :)

This site has some elegant zucchini recipes: https://www.delish.com/recipes/cooking-recipes/zucchini

mtmickey

Tried this recipe a couple of times and it is really good. Tried it with shredded instead of sliced and don't recommend that. Sliced zucchini is better and we added a little sausage to it, which was really good, too.

[url]https://allrecipes.com/recipe/zucchini-brunch-bake/[/url]

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Thanks for the recipe... have it baking in the oven as we speak/ type!

Smallgardener

Believe it or not. My wife uses it in place of apples in pies and crisps. I think you have to bake it for a little while to soften it up.

Found this
https://allrecipes.com/recipe/zucchini-apple-pie/

edelweiss

I eat zuccini as salad, make Asian stir fry, Panjabi sujbis (vegie dishes), give to neighbors, friends,and give some for school projects.

Moshu

Hi,

I still can remember my neighbors hideing in their houses when they saw me coming with zucchini.

So, zucchini salad is a perfect side dish or appetizer.

Ingredients:
4 zucchini
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup (vegan) mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
garleigh, chopped finely, to taste
hot pepper to taste, chopped finely or hot paprika
vegetable to garnish

Preparation:

Peel off zucchini skin. Boil for 20 minutes or until zucchini is soft and tender. Then allow them to cool and remove seeds

Place in medium mixing bowl. Add olive oil, mayonnaise, garleigh, hot pepper, salt and pepper and mix well with blender

Place in serving dishes and garnish with tomato wedges, parsley, or green or red bell pepper slices. You may also serve on toast, tomato or cucumber slices (long cucumber slices)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

A friend just served me a zucchini pie. It was zucchini slices, onions, 4 eggs, bisquick, baked into a pie. A little like a quiche, but doughier -- the bisquick wasn't just a crust it was all the way through. Maybe la little like a dumpling in pie shape, but light and delicate. Anyway it was lovely. Zucchini is also good in quiche.

mscratch

relish..

bnoles

With deer season just around the corner, I like lining them up on the fence and using them for target practice. :kidding: :twisted:

edelweiss

LINING UP DEER OR ZUCCINI???.... :?

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”