rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

herbal lemonade

Here's one I just discovered. I've always put mint in lemonade. This time I took a pitcher of pink lemonade, put three big sprigs of mint and one of lavender (all lightly bruised to release their essences and all of course fresh picked from the garden) in the pitcher and let it "marinate" in the frig over night. Wonderful, the hint of lavender really makes it elegant and yummy.

applestar
Mod

sounds great! lavender have buds on them? one of mine -- I think it's Provence though it might be X Grosso -- is just starting to break bud now and I need to get out there and harvest them.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yes, my lavender has been blooming. I just barely harvested it in time before the buds opened up too much...

ButterflyGarden

Sounds yummy. Something ate the buds off my lavender, so I'll have to try this later. Another yummy lemonade is to put some lemonade and watermelon in a food processor, strain and add mint. We love it.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Wow, I've never heard of any insects bothering lavender. One of the reasons I love to grow it -- it doesn't get diseases and nothing (in my yard anyway) eats it. It's even supposed to be unappealing to deer.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”