WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Warm BrusselSprout/Bacon Salad With Homemade Sweet Dressing!

I had to share this I found it by way of searching for different things to try at home and we love brussel sprouts at home but can never find good fresh ones to use (my fiance and I). This is a great way to make a great tasting homemade warm salad with all those fall sprouts!! I planted tons of sprouts and will be freezing a lot of them, but if you have fresh frozen ones, forego the cooking time, and only cook long enough to warm them through as they will already be partially cooked from blanching them for freezing.

This is probably THE absolute yummiest salad I have EVER had and I can't wait to make it with homegrown sprouts, can't get any fresher than that!

BTW-this can also be served cold by way of refridgerating it before serving, I kinda prefer it warm though...think spinach salad but with sprouts...Love it!!

Enjoy E1!!

Warm Brussel Sprout Salad with Bacon and Homemade Sweet Dressing:

2 TbSp Cider Vinegar
1 TbSp Brown Sugar
1 TbSp Oil
4 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
1 Lb. Brussels Sprouts-Cleaned And Sliced Into Shreds
½ C Toasted Chopped Walnuts
Salt And Pepper To Taste

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and oil and set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and cut or crumble into pieces and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings in the pan (if there aren't enough drippings to equal 2 tbsp, add a little butter or oil). Heat drippings over medium-high heat and then add the brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender. Remove from heat and stir in the bacon, walnuts, and the dressing you made earlier. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm. Makes enough for about 2 salad portions.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”