applestar
Mod

Easy Cream of Carrot soup

I try not to watch cooking shows. DH loves them and could watch Iron Chef and Chopped with a sprinkling of Good Eats every day.

I try to avoid watching them because, as other long time members may have noticed, I'm very suggestible and easily influenced -- I'd like to call it "inspired" :wink: But when DH and both kids are glued to the shows, I sometimes feel obliged to join them, and that's what I did over the weekend.

So here I am, making pureéd carrot soup.

Unpeeled rough chopped carrots in good chicken broth. Cooked until soft. Add brown rice cooked with a piece of Konbu, put in a blender, food processor or -- in my case -- Magic Bullet drink maker and blend until smooth. Return to pot. Add Rice Milk to the blender container and blend to retrieve stuck on purée and add to soup (of course you can use regular Milk or Cream if you like). Add a generous blob of butter (you'd probably cut back on the butter if you used Cream) and some colby/chedder cheese and cook until melted. Add salt as necessary.

Now HERE's the influence :lol: -- serve piping hot in blue/indigo streaked salt-glazed black ceramic bowl with double spoonful of plain yogurt just peeking in the middle. Drizzle surface with EVOO and garnish with chiffonade of purple basil and pineapple sage. Finish with smattering of freshly ground black pepper and freshly grated nutmeg. :() :wink:

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”