applestar
Mod

Clear fruit jelly in hot tea = YUM!

I ran out of sugar. :roll:
So for my morning cup of tea and coffee, I've been using substitutes until I can go shopping.

For tea, fruit jelly works wonders -- I had Cranberry Jelly this morning, and Elderberry Jelly a few days ago. I'm going to try Triplesec Marmalade later. 8)

For coffee, I add ground Stevia leaves to the coffee grounds to brew and filter. (Tried adding the powdered leaves to the mug -- DID NOT like minute stevia leaves floating around on the surface of the coffee :lol:)

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Applestar, reading about your elderberry jelly sure brought back memories. My grandmother, a little 100 % Cajun French woman, used to make elderberry jelly and wine. She was such a great cook, I believe she could have turn mop strings and dirty water into a delicious gumbo. I sure miss her since she passed at age 97 many years ago.

There were lots of elderberries growing along the fence in our yard and a neighbors yard. We'd stain our hands picking those things. I remember her and her relatives from the bayou country getting together to cook and socialize and them speaking in "Cajun French" so us young ones couldn't know what they were saying.

Thanks for the memory.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”