Hispoptart

rhubarb strawberry sauce

ok so I was asked to post my recipe....well I don't really have one but this is what I did for the last batch I made...

about 2 cup of water
I would say 4 cup strawberries
8 cup rhubarb
1 and a 1/2 cup sugar

boil down till it is thick and all is mush,Chill and then eat with ice cream, bagels or on toast.

You can taste the juices as it is cooking and ad sugar as needed. So don't start out with the amount of sugar, just add and add more per taste. For this one I started with 1 cup of sugar.

applestar
Mod

Hey, sorry I didn't respond right away. I'm FINALLY going to get the chance to make this today! :D Thanks for posting the recipe. :wink:

applestar
Mod

Mmm, mMMM, MMMM!!! :()
We had a birthday for a family member -- got cake from our favorite artisan gelato store -- Vanilla mixed with shaved chocolate pieces -- and had your Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce made with combination of Nameless (green) Rhubarb and Starkrimson Rhubarb, and our "can't get any redder" strawberry mix previously frozen because no one could eat any more fresh strawberries 8). The mixture contained a lot of our super flavorful wild strawberries (F. virginiana) and the result was AMAZING! We just couldn't stop spooning on just one more heap of sauce!! :D :D :D
(Me: "Would you like to try some sauce?" DH: "No, not right now... well, maybe just a little bit... more... that's good." Me: "Would you like some more sauce?" DH: "No, I'm good. ...well, actually, just a bit more... no a little bit more... that's it." :lol:)
Photo of Rhubarb:
[img]https://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/applesbucket/Image7317.jpg[/img]
This was enough for 2 cups. So I made 1/4 recipe. :wink:

DD said she didn't like the Rhubarb Strawberry Pie from a local Amish market, so she thought she doesn't like rhubarb, but this sauce is REALLY GOOD! :wink:

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”