Dixana
Greener Thumb

HELP!!!!! Lost recipes :(

Way back in the day I worked with this awesome women whos grandmother lived in italy. She gave me a TON of recipes for italian dishes but my favorites were eggplant parmesan and veggie lasagna. I cannot find them anywhere, nor can I find a similar one online.
I very specifically remember adding goat cheese to the lasagna.
Does anyone have a recipe for veggie lasagna that includes goat cheese? I'm upset :( This wasn't just some generic recipe. How to make the sauce was part of it too with fresh herbs.

Jermo
Newly Registered

I dunno but I'm eager to find out....I love eggplant parmesan!!!

Dixana
Greener Thumb

There are tons of great eggplant parm recipes online, recipezarr has several. But no homemade veggie lasagna recipes from scratch that have the sauce info and include goat cheese :(

Jermo
Newly Registered

yea ive used the ones on recipezaar but the goat cheese with that one sounds awesome

BarbieSe7en
Newly Registered

3 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 medium zucchini or summer squash, cut in half lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch slices
1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges, separated into pieces
1 package (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
Cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 package (5 to 6 oz) chèvre (goat) cheese
1 container (7 oz) refrigerated basil pesto
2 cups tomato pasta sauce
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)

1. Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In pan, place bell peppers, summer squash, onion and mushrooms in single layer. Spray vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes, turning vegetables once, until crisp-tender.

2. Meanwhile, spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package using minimum cook time. In medium bowl, crumble chèvre into pesto; stir.

3. Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in baking dish; top with 3 noodles. Layer with half the pesto mixture and 2 cups of the vegetables. Top with 3 more noodles. Top with 3/4 cup sauce and 1 cup shredded cheese blend. Top with 2 cups vegetables, 3 noodles, remaining half of pesto mixture, 2 cups vegetables, 3 noodles and 3/4 cup sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup shredded cheese over top.

4. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 4, bake covered 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until hot.
Make the Most of This Recipe
Tips
Switch out the squash by using another package of mushrooms instead of the zucchini.
Try a unique flavor of pasta sauce, such as those with wine, capers or olives.

Nutrition Information:
1 Serving: Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 990mg; Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 12g); Protein 22g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 40%; Iron 20% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Vegetable; 2 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Recipe looks good! Where is it from (looking at the nutritional analysis)?

Thank you!

Cynthia H.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”