Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Beef Recipes

This one is so easy!

My grandmother made this one all the time, and it was always a hit!

Swiss Steak

Nice Roast not too fat, or a big thick Steak (does not have to be a tender cut)
Potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
Onions I use 2 chopped pretty small.
Tomato Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Put your beef into a dutch oven or even a slow cooker add some water to prevent sticking, cook it done, not over done, just done. Add your onions at the start or now your choice.

Once your beef is done, leave it in the kettle, and add your potatoes, check the water. You don't want the kettle to boil dry.

When your potatoes are mostly done, not quite falling apart. Add your tomato sauce, and let it cook in a bit.

Here you have a choice, you can remove everything but the liquid, add some flour and make it into gravy, or you can simply let the potatoes cook until they thicken your liquids, and yet not quite all falling apart. Sometimes, I remove everything but the liquid and use instant potatoes to thicken the liquid. Then serve it sliced with the potatoes and the tomato gravy poured over everything.

You have meat, potatoes, and gravy and without all the fat in traditional gravy. It is a healthy dish. Some nice hot biscuits and something green and you have a meal. Isn't that easy?

Dixana
Greener Thumb

MEATLOAF!! Super easy my awesome honey made it one day and BAM best stuff ever. 3 pounds of beef, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1-2 eggs, an onion, and half of each red, yellow, green pepper, and loads of tomatoes!!!!! We also add lawry's season salt, worstishire, and pepper Mix together takes up 2-3 loaf pans, also cut fresh tomatoes on top. Bake at 350 for around an hour (check temp) uncover last 10 min or so.

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”