WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Mascerated Fruit with HomeMade Whipped Cream

I forgot to list this one but it's so easy I never write it down...but in case anyone wants to know....Pears, Apples and Strawberries work great for this!

Mascerated Fruit with HomeMade Whipped Cream:

Just peel and chop your fruit and set aside in a bowl and (if already sweet, try tasting it before adding the sugar) add about 1/2 Cup to 1 Cup of White Sugar for Strawberries, 1/2 C to 1 Cup Brown sugar for Pears and Apples...and for the Apples and Pears add about a tsp of Cinnamon (or more is u like it a lot) and about 1/4 tsp AllSpice (again more if you like it) mix well and refridgerate for 2 hours....I use about 2 lbs of berries or 4 large apples or 6 pears for this type of dessert at a time.

Cream:

per 1 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream add 3 TbSp (Heaping) Powdered Sugar, or White, I prefer Powdered (it makes a more frosting like consistency and if u use powdered triple the recipe and it is enough to frost a 2 layer 9" cake) and 1 tsp vanilla extract and blend with a stand or hand mixer until VERY stiff peaks form.

Serve on top of the mascerated fruit and you have a decadent and delicious easy peesy dessert!

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”