Franenuss

Free gardening books on Amazon

Hi to you all gardeners :)

I was lurking around in Amazon a few days ago and searched for the term "gardening", then sorted from low to high price and found a ton of gardening books for free. They all are for basic gardening and newbies, but to me -I hardly know anything, since I just recently started with tiny seedlings- were quite fun to find. There are a few that ... are simply ads in the form of books to buy certain things... but a quick look on the inside (amazon allows that) and you know wether you want them or not.

That's it. If you want I can put the link for you. And I hope you all have a great gardening. In my case tomorrow is free-day cause in Chile we conmemorate an important battle... so I'll take my own battle in my garden :) (and reading).

Have a wonderfull week!

evtubbergh
Green Thumb

Are you sure they don't then want a pile of money for shipping? Or maybe they are ebook?

Franenuss

They are ebooks! (I should have specified haha), since I am from South America I try not to order anything on line due to shipping costs ;) (although I've found a few pages that have free shipping to my country).

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

Is there a way to search for free gardening ebooks or you just have to pick them out between all?

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

I too am interested in knowing how to actually find these books.

imafan26
Mod

I pick up a lot of my books from church rummage sales, garage sales, library book sales, and thrift shops. If you have any of those around that would be a good place to get stuff. I used to get pretty decent gardening and cookbooks in the bargain books at the bookstore, but alas, because of the internet, bookstores are dinosaurs now and an endangered species if not extinct.

There are some good gardening books out there, you might think about starting a thread asking people for their favorite garden books.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

imafan26 wrote: you might think about starting a thread asking people for their favorite garden books.
we recently had such a thread:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/vi ... 73#p345973

Voices30
Cool Member

You know I was looking through books on my iPad the other day, and the free ones are usually just books that have fallen into the public domain (copyright is expired) and people take those books and re-title them and just... pretend they wrote them basically. There are a LOT of free gardening books right now on there that are based off a book that is over 100 years old. I don't remember the original title, but if you start reading through the first few pages of the free books, you will find that they are all VERY similar, if not exactly the same. Just something to keep in mind when you are considering a "free" book of ANY nature off of amazon, or apple, or wherever you get it. That's not to say a book that is a 100 years old doesn't have information in it. But with the past 100 years and more importantly the past 20 years, there has been a BOOM in information sharing and huge advancements in almost any field you can think of.

Voices30
Cool Member

nice... I have been looking for a list like that for a LONG time.. awesome.

Return to “Gardening Books - General Discussions”