ButterflyGarden

Container Garden Books

I have The Bountiful Container and love it. What other books are good for container gardeners?

BTW, I'm not so interested in the design books that show you how to put many plants in one pot.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

When you already have the best, why mess with the rest?

Seriously, when I saw the title of this thread, The Bountiful Container was what I planned to recommend. It's what I always recommend to people who want to grow food in containers (I have it myself and use as much of its advice as I can).

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

smaxey843
Cool Member

I found a copy at the brick and mortar, man I cant wait till I get paid to buy this book. it had an awesome structure and overview. as well as some chit chat notes that were entertaining as well as relevant on each plant. it has a healthy herb section and vegetable section. woo! 8)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Sorry but brick and mortar store and an actual paper book. Do these things still exist? :roll:

I myself hope they do it's just hard to find these day's. :oops:

smaxey843
Cool Member

thats a good point. I might try to find borders and catch it on sale :D

nk

I have The Bountiful Container too but I don't really like it. It's a good instruction guide or encyclopedia when you have a specific question about what you're planting. I didn't find the writing style or the ladies comments interesting at all and none of the information they gave excited me.

smaxey843
Cool Member

ah, well sorry to hear that. being new it might have just been such a one stop shop I didnt see it for the incomplete conveniance store it might have been. do you have another recommendation?

nk

smaxey843 wrote:ah, well sorry to hear that. being new it might have just been such a one stop shop I didnt see it for the incomplete conveniance store it might have been. do you have another recommendation?
Well many people do like it so it may be more your style than mine. I don't have any recommendations as of now, sorry! :(

Big D

The RHS { The Royal Horticultural Society} has a Book on Containers giving practical information on...which Plants to grow...Siting and grouping Containers...Composts and planting...Colour and craft ideas to brighten up Pots...Making your own windowboxes,classic planters and mock stone troughs...and lots more.

www.rhs.org.uk..................The Book is available from...www.dk.com

Return to “Gardening Books - General Discussions”