wisconsingal

Magazines for the Gardener?

Hope I'm posting in the right place!

I'm looking for some new magazines to possibly subscribe to that would have great garden photos/information... for inspiration. Any suggestions?

lorax
Greener Thumb

I've always loved Better Home and Garden, but those gardens can't be even started without a small army of helpers.

So I'm with Dixana - seed catalogues! Also, Harrowsmith Garden, if they're still publishing.

farmerlon
Green Thumb

Mother Earth News has a lot of gardening articles... I also just started a subscription to Organic Gardening magazine. I've only seen one issue of OG, it's seems pretty good so far, but I can't say for sure until I see a few more issues.

wisconsingal

I had thought about trying Mother Earth News. Maybe I will. I recently subscribed to Organic Gardening after recieving a copy from someone last summer. I liked the issue I saw, I'm a fan of Rodale.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

NorthCoastGardener

My favorite gardening magazine is BBC Gardener's World. I've subscribed for a number of years now. It's expensive but can be shipped from the UK to the US. The photography is excellent, the articles are great. You don't get the freebies they give out if you are in the US, and some gardening tips are different than you'd read in the US magazines, but it is an outstanding gardening magazine. I believe the magazine is sold here in single issues, which is how I found out about it, you may find a place that sells if you hunt around.

GardenStream

I like Mother Earth News and Grit. I subscribed to Organic Gardening last year, but won't renew it. I'm not into flower gardening and I find that most of OG doesn't apply or appeal to me.

I love the Baker Creek heirloom seed catalog, the pictures are beautiful.

wisconsingal

GardenStream wrote:I like Mother Earth News and Grit. I subscribed to Organic Gardening last year, but won't renew it. I'm not into flower gardening and I find that most of OG doesn't apply or appeal to me.

I love the Baker Creek heirloom seed catalog, the pictures are beautiful.
Baker Creek's catalog is truly amazing. I hope they fulfill my catalog request for 2011 soon! I'm still browsing the 2009 edition.

EnchantedDaisy

I, too, enjoy Organic Gardening magazine. I also like Garden Gate magazine and the Seeds of Change catalog.

prettygurl

I signed up for Mother Earth News. I don't know why it took me so long. I can't wait to receive the first issue.

LA47
Green Thumb

I get garden gate magazine and have for a lot of years. I'm not as pleased with it as I was at first. They seem to keep edging toward larger and larger flower beds and less lawn. I, myself, need more lawn that is restful to look at than a large jumble in a huge flower bed. (Personal opinion of course.) I am looking for a good veggy garden magazine though. I would like to learn more about organic gardening.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I have been getting Garden Gate from Iowa! Its not aS good as Mother Earth but it has some nice thiings in it! Growers Supply is also good for the plant growers!

Return to “Gardening Books - General Discussions”