gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

"Talking Dirt" by Annie Spiegelman

A nice book for the novice and the beginner. It is written in an easy to understand format, not super technical though goes in depth enough for a good learning experience. She also adds humor to everything, a lot like myself, that keeps you interested as well.

For the most part I agree with what was written in this book there were only a few things I didn't quite go with but for most part she did an amazing job of getting my ideas across which are also the ideas of many people on this forum.

I didn't learn a lot from this book I didn't already know but it was still a great read. Newer gardeners or those new to gardening with the planet in mind will be able to take in a lot from this, as I said in an easily understandable format.

I highly suggest this book to everyone.

Here is one quote that I just had to relay that will give you an idea of how the book speaks to you.
Imagine a world where everyone had a bedazzling yard overflowing with gracefully arching vines from nectar filled flowers. A native habitat flourishing with bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. A steaming hot compost pile filled with kitchen scraps and teeming with earthworms and all their microbial cohorts. A crop of organic mixed greens emerging beneath a canopy of fruit laden trees, and where everyone listened to me. Wouldn't life be swell. Then I could lounge around my backyard, drinking my organic tea in peace. Instead I lose sleep wondering: Am I doing enough to inspire others to become noble caretakers of our planet. How do I convince more people about the necessity of using time-honored and sustainable grwoing practices to regenerate our soils for future generations instead of poisoning or land for good.
This is a new book it was put out this year around Mar. Check it out I dare you. :wink:

[url=https://www.amazon.com/Talking-Dirt-Down-Earth-Gardening/dp/0399535659]Here[/url] is the link on amazon.

Enjoy.

Dono :D

Return to “Gardening Books - General Discussions”