echapple
Newly Registered

Returning to indoor hydroponics

Last time I used hydroponics was in the 90s but I'm starting back with an ebb & flow tray system since we moved to a 4-season climate again. Plan on starting with cucumbers, cantaloupe, celery & string beans since they'll all work with a TDS of 1,500ppm so I can fail small if that's the case. I've ordered HGV nutrients but can't seem to find guidance on the TDS ratio for the base vs the grow or flower, any suggestions/recommendations on this are much appreciated.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum! I just got my hydroponics set up - nothing in it yet, and all I grow are greens and herbs. imafan26 should be able to help with the nutrients, switching to flowers, etc. Good luck with your hydroponics!

imafan26
Mod

I looked up their website they have a base formula, growth, and flowering formula. So you would choose the formula for growth + base for the growth stages or base + flowering for the flowering stages. For cucurbits and beans I think you need to use both combinations because the end product is a fruit after flowering. You would start with the growth formula for the early stages and then switch to the flowering formula in a few weeks when the plant matures to the flowering stage.

I have never used this product, so I don't know that much about it. The website though does have a contact number and it would be best to ask them your questions.

I have only used masterblend or chem grow which are similar but have different NPK ratios. On the farm we did grow tomatoes and cucumbers in hydro and aquaponic systems. They have large root masses so they did best in dutch bucket systems. Cucumbers were grown on an experimental ebb and flow box system. They did o.k. but the box was very small and that constrained the roots too much.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”