Nuttyneddy

Soluble Fertiliser suitability

Is this soluble fertiliser suitable for hydroponics
Attachments
IMG_20230403_065224.jpg

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I don't like those amounts at the bottom of lead, cadmium, and mercury. I have never seen those listed in anything I have looked at, even in trace amounts.

Nuttyneddy

I have some liquid fertiliser but it lacks some trace elements
I have some seaweed solution which I could add.
Attachments
IMG_20230403_064921.jpg

ApertureF11Sniper
Cool Member

pepperhead212 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:31 pm
I don't like those amounts at the bottom of lead, cadmium, and mercury. I have never seen those listed in anything I have looked at, even in trace amounts.
I would never think, before now, to look for those things. I have just been buying reputable names. Those being EB Stone and Whitney Farms but now I wonder about some off local brand stuff that I have bought. I would think to get soil tested would be rather expensive and if that label is saying it has that they very well could be minimizing the amounts when those amounts are higher, yes?

imafan26
Mod

I think it is probably a better fertilizer because it actually makes the effort to report not just the good stuff but also the contaminants.

That does not happen very often. It is actually hard to find good analyses on organic fertilizers. Only a few companies do an analysis of the nutrients. Most just list the ingredients. Bone meal for instance rarely lists the amount of lead in it, and it does contain trace amounts of lead and other heavy metals. Not just in bone but in other parts of the animal. The levels are usually very low and because of that, the producer may not be required to report it.
https://oatao.univ-toulouse.fr/2956/1/Guilet_2956.pdf
https://pubag.nal.usda.gov/catalog/32755

Nuttyneddy

I remember there was a problem with people in the iron, steel industry were more prone to cadmium poisoning. I wonder if the iron used in fertilizer could be a source of cadmium?

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”