Nuttyneddy

Transfering seedlings

My set up I have the vertical tower and a horizontal one. The plants in the vertical tower are doing well. The idea was to transfer the plants from the vertical tower to the horizontal section when the roots get long enough to reach the water. I am running it for 15minutes every 3 hrs until 9pm and starting again at 6am next morning. The plants are very slow at forming roots if I increase my running time would the plants grow roots quicker?

applestar
Mod

Are those roots dried out by 6am? Maybe the long stretch between 9pm and 6am is too long?

imafan26
Mod

That is my thought too. When we ran aero towers with flow by, it was never turned off. Kratky is a static system that requires no pumps or electricity. aero towers and rails are usually always on.
I looked up the aero tower growing guide and it recommended 15 minutes on /off cycling with a timer.
https://www.towergarden.com/content/dam ... %20web.pdf

Nuttyneddy

I have changed my running time to every 2 hrs for 10minutes.this runs from 4am to 10pm at 12.00 I run it 20minutes. My system is running on 12v. I have over 600ah of batteries which are all kept charged by a large solar panel. I have no shortage of 12v power. The weather here has been hot around 37deg C which is close to 100deg F . I have been running the system for extra time to compensate. I have some soluble fertilizer which has 27% nitrogen 4% phosphorus 8% potassium and 5.8% sulphur plus trace elements. Would this be suitable for hydroponics? Is 27% nitrogen too high.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”