pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Hydroponics 2023, mostly greens

Not a whole lot going on outside here, but my hydroponics are taking off big time! The old basil was the one thing I had trouble with this year, but I got some new seeds recently, and hopefully it will catch up. I've been eating small salads, with just a few leaves from each of several plants, but I'll have to harvest a bunch of it, and make a dish with all of it. That unknown lettuce I save the seeds from was the fastest to germinate, and to grow. Two old packs of lettuce were not germinating, and a second variety finally took off. The arugula was the fastest, and had the most roots every time I would look at them. The "White Stem" bok choy is listed as 8-10", so not one of the larger varieties, and it's not getting overgrown, so that's good. A few other new things, too.
ImageArugula, in the hydroponics, 1-13 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageWasabina mustard greens, the bright green, 1-13 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageSome leaf lettuce, with some parsley and Thai basil to the left, 1-13 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageWhite Stem bok choy, a little larger than Toy Choy, but still good for inside. 1-13 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageRed epazote, finally getting going, 1-13 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageLeaf lettuce, from saved seed, fastest growing, 1-13 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

ImageA couple of cilantro plants, and a couple of Russian Red kale plants, above the chives. 1-13 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”