GeekSheikh
Newly Registered

Hydroponic Spinach - Mold

Hi,

I’ve started growing spinach and this is the second batch that has started growing mold on the leaves, anyone have any insights as to what I might be doing wrong? Humidity too high or something? See photos
Attachments
A302BD70-E1DD-4372-A71D-3DBF523F068F.jpeg
A2E56D28-0623-4351-AD01-711B954B4B1F.jpeg

GeekSheikh
Newly Registered

I'm guessing this is bud mold. I cut off the molded buds and removed them from the area. I'm planning to handle the algae by using clay pebbles to block the grow lights from hitting the rockwool cubes.

Still trying to figure out why the stems of the plants are so lanky. They are so thin and don't hold the weight of the plant very well. I'm guessing my seedling lights aren't strong enough or something. These are the grow lights I'm using for the seedlings prior to transplanting them to my nft system.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VD1884R

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum!

Can't help with the mold, since I don't use those, but maybe try to soak them in a diluted H2O2 solution, before planting? And my first thought when I saw those lanky seedlings was a week light was being used, either too weak, or too far away.

GeekSheikh
Newly Registered

I do soak the cubes in a PH 5.5 before I start the grow. I'm going to try those pebbles to shield light and move the plants closer to the light and see how that goes.

I've been leaving the lid on the entire time, that's prob creating too much humidity and not enough air flow even with the vent open -- so new plan is leave lid on and get high humidity until sprout at which time I'll remove the lid alltogether -- the lid could also be diminishing the amount of light on the plans as well. I'll keep you posted.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”