ipadawan
Newly Registered

amount of water and bucket sizes

Hello everyone,

I'am new here, and also a newbie with hydroponics.

The question: How big should the buckets need to be or better how much Liter or Gallon of nutrition water need each kind of plant? Is there some table with this info around/available?

Before, I was always planting in soil and it did work well, but did take the step to hydroponics and then particular the Kratky method. The seeds are growing well, better then the in soil planted.

I have a few questions and hope to find some answers here.
The following seeds did germinate and have them in ( to small ) 1.x Liter yoghurt plastic bins.

Tomato Meat
Tomato Snack
Tomato Roma
Tomato Unknown
Courgette Black Beauty
Red Pepper ( Paprika )
Green Pepper ( Paprika )
Lattice

They germinate very well, almost every seed did germinate. And did put in each bucket 2 germinated seeds and for each seed version ~4-5 buckets.
They grow very well and of course they will need in the future bigger housing.

Next week I will put Cucumber, diff kind of Lattice and Hot Peper seeds in a baggy ( baggy method with a single paper ) to germinate.

Then the question raises, how big should the buckets need to be or better how much Liter or Gallon of nutrition water need each kind of plant?
Is there some table with this info around/available?

Of course thank you very much.

edit: sprout word change to germinate

ipadawan
Newly Registered

I guess people here are collecting data to get statistics so can some one tell how much water tomato’s or lattice are using during their grow and harvest period?

Thank you.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't used the Kratky method, but I'm sure Imafan will chime in with some info for you. I only do deepwater, with circulation, and only do greens and herbs - not fruiting plants, which will need larger containers, unless they are dwarfs. And just from reading, I've learned that things like tomatoes ideally need 3 types of nutrients - one to grow the plants, in the beginning, then another to trigger flowering, then, once the flowers have set, another one to help growing the fruits - something to look into.

ipadawan
Newly Registered

pepperhead212 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:11 pm
Welcome to the forum!

And just from reading, I've learned that things like tomatoes ideally need 3 types of nutrients - one to grow the plants, in the beginning, then another to trigger flowering, then, once the flowers have set, another one to help growing the fruits - something to look into.
Thank you for the welcome.

I didn't find anything about the 3 types of nutrients. I use 3 types Masterblend 4-18-38, Calciumnitraat and Magnesiumsulfaat. Is this wat you meant or do you mean three different mixes. Where did you read this? On this forum?

Tonight, I will put the germinated lattice seeds into the small buckets. Fingers crossed. :)

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”