Anneelmer414
Newly Registered

Hydroponic Cucumbers Plant is Droop with Burnt Tips

Needing opinions..have a diva cucumber plant in a 7 gallon tote. Filled with about 5 gallons of distilled water. Medium bubble stone. ppm is 250 using 1/2tsp Pro-tekt per gallon(I add this first) DG GROW (followed directions USING 1 tsp per gallon). I PH last at about 5.8..Using barrina t5 lights. 15 hrs on. The roots look extremely healthy, but the plant is droopy and has slightly burnt tips. Also, I feel that at week 4 since germination the growth is slow. I have a bush bean plant in an adjacent tote following basically the same method but for nutes I’m using DG BLOOM and they are thriving..any idea what could be going on? I feel the plant just looks sad and slow growing..attached are a few pics

applestar
Mod

Hi. I’ve moved your question to Hydroponic forum since I was concerned not many Vegetable forum readers also have hydro expertise (myself included)

Hope knowledgeable members can comment.

All I can think of — in general terms — is that cucumbers will need much more light than bush beans.

Also, beans and cucumbers can have vastly different maturation periods to starting to bloom and set fruits, so that might explain the difference in response to nutrients.

- Unless you are growing early maturing varsity (about 55-60 days), cucumbers can take 68-72 days or longer. (Also, unless you are growing parthenocarpic hybrid variety, you will need to hand pollinate once they start to bloom.)
- Mature bush beans will also tend to respond in survival mode by trying to make seeds before dying off (bloom, set and mature pods) so by harvesting the beans, you can force the plants to continuously produce until exhausted — but bush beans will ultimately go down — most people say about 4 flushes of harvest maximum.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”