Would you buy a plug and play hydroponic controller for your setup?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0
Jedhad127
Newly Registered

Hydroponic sensors

Hello all,

I have been growing using hydroponics for a few years now and have begun venturing into the automation side of hydroponics. My question is: are there any tds sensors out there that can be continuously submerged, accurate, and not expensive. I have been using the gravity tds sensor (Link below) in my current controller, but upon further testing and comparison with other sensors I have found it to be very inaccurate past 800 ppm. After looking at the datasheet, it says they are only rated up to 1000ppm which confirms my test are correct. In my hydroponic system, I run well over 800ppm so it is essentially useless to me.

I am also wondering if there are any good options for ph sensors that are inexpensive, accurate, and able to be continuously submerged.

Regarding the word accurate, I am not looking for a sensor that can read 5 sig figs. All I want is one that can give a consistent number and be relatively close to the results given by other sensors of the same type.

Here are some photos of my controller, system, and user interface. The controller measures tds, air temperature, water temperature, air humidity. It has a built in air pump with air line and two air stones. It also has a pump that is on a on/off timed cycle and the air pump is on a separate on/off timed cycle. There is also a manual overwrite for the pump so you can have it run continuously, and a reset button that resets all the electronics. It is housed in a water tight case and has a 10' power cable that plugs into a wall outlet. I would like to add more functionality in the future. Feel free to critique my work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086W ... UTF8&psc=1
Attachments
IMG-1420.jpg
IMG-1421.jpg
IMG-1422.jpg
IMG-1406.jpg
IMG-1411.jpg
IMG-1410.jpg
IMG-1409.jpg

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”